• Register
  • Help

Topic: Composer Channel: Beta Testers

Share/Bookmark

Composer Channel: Beta Testers

Hey, guys.

I've had some good responses to the initial call for beta testers for the radio station. Currently, however, I still have no one running Linux (we'll be promoting heavily to the college campuses nationwide, and you know there's a lotta Penguins there ). Also, most of the Windows versions back to 98 are represented, but we have no one running Windows 2000. We've got a bit of Mac, but could use more.

I've got stripped down versions of a few of the shows running already and we'll be moving into beta soon. So, Linux, Mac and W2K guys and gals, and anyone on a dialup (56k) connection, we could definitely use your participation. Also, anyone else looking to test, let me know soon. I want to shake this thing down good before we go live.

Those of you who have already sent me emails about testing, you're all on the beta program and I'll contact you when we're ready to go.

Thanks!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: Composer Channel: Beta Testers

Apologies for the bump, but I'd really like to test this rig under Linux as I know it's popular on the college campus scene. Any of you have a penguin box?
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

I have a Linux box. I haven't run it in a few months and have never played music on it but I guess I can give it a try. Let me know what you want me to do...
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    I have a Linux box. I haven't run it in a few months and have never played music on it but I guess I can give it a try. Let me know what you want me to do...
    Hey, Trent.

Appreciate it, man. For starters, get it set up with whatever music player(s) that Linux folk tend to use, then go out to www.Shoutcast.com and make sure that everything is working. That way, when we get to beta, if somethings not working for the station, I'll know it's a bug on my end. If you could shoot me an email or pm when you've made it that far we can take it from there.

Thanks!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Thumbs up Re: Composer Channel: Beta Testers

Hi Christopher,

I am using a Linux box and I tried to hear some radio from the shoutcast list with the real player (for Linux) and it worked.

So I am prepared for beta testing with DSL and Linux.

regards
    Rainer

Quote Originally Posted by RainerVolkenandt
    Hi Christopher,

I am using a Linux box and I tried to hear some radio from the shoutcast list with the real player (for Linux) and it worked.

So I am prepared for beta testing with DSL and Linux.

regards
    Rainer
    Excellent. Can you please shoot me an email (not a pm) so I'll have you in my folder with all the other beta folks when I start sending out beta messages?

Thanks, man!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum