• Register
  • Help

Topic: question re: GPO from prospective user

Share/Bookmark

question re: GPO from prospective user

Hi, I've read the FAQ for the GPO and other info and have just a couple of quick questions:

1. It's said that you can create legato strings by simply playing them with the sustain pedal pressed down while playing the lines. So, if I'm recording in Sonar a 2 measure 16 note string line and hold the pedal for that time, it's going to magically sound like a legato line, or am I going to hear a sustained string mess, that later on sounds like a legato string line?

2. It's said that GPO Studio host has problems with WDM drivers in Sonar. So, do I really need to install GPO studio host if all I"m going to do is use Sonar and not any dedicated notation program?

3. Can registration only be done on the web, or can it be done by mail? The machine I use for music is not connected to the web, nor is it set up for any virus protection or fire walls...

Anyway, any info appreciated, thanks/

Re: question re: GPO from prospective user

tradivoro

Hi and welcome to the GPO community. The sustain pedal doesn't sustain notes as on a piano for legato instruments. It performs another function and makes the notes smoothly connected to avoid notes overlapping. Don't know if it is magic, but definitely avoids string mess. With ensemble building you can also enhance the legato capabilities.

As far as WDM drivers, GPO Studio is a VST Host designed primarily for notation programs and requires ASIO drivers. You won't need GPO Studio if you are just using GPO as a VSTi plugin in Sonar.

Registration can be done from another computer or by fax. Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

Re: question re: GPO from prospective user

Thanks Gary... The GPO looks like a really great tool... The legato thing is important cause a lot of these other librarys sound very chunky when playing any string line.. Thanks...

Go Back to forum