• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: False Advertising By Spectrasonics on RMX

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down False Advertising By Spectrasonics on RMX

I bought Stylus Rmx today here in the uk, ive never had a piece of software thats so complicated to register and authorize,from 10am uk time ive messed about with it and its now 8pm here.
    I got this piece of software due to reviews here in the uk but they sure didnt say nothing about...

1 - Tech support dont answer phone or email
    2 - That your response code may not work
    3 - Even the demo mode hogs 60% cpu..huh

Im gonna keep trying to authorise stylus rmx tonight but if i aint registered by midnight the whole f***ing box is going back in the morning, ive lost 7 hours studio work here and it just aint on guys.
    It doesnt say nothing about how hard of a task it is to authorise in the reviews so wtf is the crack?

One other thing....even when i try to update my version and enter my first last name then serial number it keeps sending me back to the same page saying that my details are wrong....errrr i reckon i do know my own name matey its bad when youve looked forward to a new piece of software only to find that before you can use it you damn well need to wait indefinatley for a reply from tech support..
    Well sorry for wining but hey guys they take your money but aint around when theres a problem..know what i mean?
    cheers robbie uk

Re: False Advertising By Spectrasonics on RMX

Hi,
    I think lots of people here will disagree with you on this one, I needed only 1 minute to complete the authorize
    Sound like something wrong with your computer [virus ?] or you forgot your serial number/name in update page.
    Compare to NI stuffs, spectrasonics is way easier to authorize
    Goodluck
    Sonny

Quote Originally Posted by dsstudio
    Hi,
    I think lots of people here will disagree with you on this one, I needed only 1 minute to complete the authorize
    Sound like something wrong with your computer [virus ?] or you forgot your serial number/name in update page.
    Compare to NI stuffs, spectrasonics is way easier to authorize
    Goodluck
    Sonny

Robbie

Make sure that you update Stylus RMX before you try and attempt to enter in the authorization code. Go to the www.spectrasonics.net website and select updates and download the latest patch version1.1. Now run the installer and you should have the latest update. Then try and enter that authorization code.

Dave

Talking Re: False Advertising By Spectrasonics on RMX

Yeah... the RMX took me 5 minutes to register and authorize... including reseting the PC

Question Re: False Advertising By Spectrasonics on RMX

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    When you got it, did the box still have the factory shrink wrap? It kind of sounds like that particular serial number had already been registered by someone else. That could explain why the website isn't accepting your name. It's expecting a different name.

Either that, or perhaps you made a typo when you first registered. If at some point, you successfully registered, go take a look at the confirmation email that was sent out, and see if everything looks correct.

I agree with the others. Spectrasonics' registration system is the best working challenge/response authorization system out there. It's always worked flawlessly for me.

Lee Blaske
    Yeah listen guys sorry about being pissed off this thing sounds amazing in demo mode and i just wanna get going..
    also i think i know the problem but cant put it right..
    the shrink wrap was still on when i recieved it this morning however it says version 1.0 aha..
    i reckon when ive registered they may have send me a response code for version 1.1 ???
    maybe....just a guess..
    anyway when i try to put my name and serial number in the box it just takes me back and says i have put the wrong name or typed wrong, however ive been typing exactly what i put in at registration..if only i could download 1.1 i think it would boot and authorise no problem..
    any more ideas on my theory?
    cheers robbie uk

Quote Originally Posted by robbie_w
    Well sorry for wining but hey guys they take your money but aint around when theres a problem..know what i mean?
    That's odd. I heard from customer support that they've been corresponding with you about this via email (and found the subtle error in the name you entered into the form). I understand your frustration that it didn't work the first time, but I don't think "ain't around where theres a problem" is quite accurate.

- Glenn

Question Re: False Advertising By Spectrasonics on RMX

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO
    That's odd. I heard from customer support that they've been corresponding with you about this via email (and found the subtle error in the name you entered into the form). I understand your frustration that it didn't work the first time, but I don't think "ain't around where theres a problem" is quite accurate.

- Glenn
    Well how did you speak to customer support? if they have sent me an email i havent recieved it..i check my messages every 10 mins and thers nothing..
    funny how you heard from customer support and i never lol but hey ive had enough of trying so im just about to uninstall rmx..i cant be messing about with codes and miss spellings as they say.i just cant see how i spelt my name wrong lol ive been writing it for 30yrs hehe.as you can see rmx has cracked me up today i loved playing the demo but its just a pisser of a program to get a response code..
    i dont know mate i give up..had enough..kaput...
    cheers id still like to know how you got in touch with customer support and i cant..also why dont they just send me the details of what im supposed to have typed wrong in my name and then it would be plain sailing...i wish...
    cheers glenno from robbie uk

Robbie W:

GlennO works for Spectrasonics. I suppose it would be helpful if he put that in his signature.

ok i got version 1.1 downloaded and a new code but its stil in demo mode..wtf?
    its time for bed now its 2.50 in the morning and im gooshed guys..maybe i'll try again soon..
    cheers robbie uk

hi, Glenn O's connection with RMX is a little more than he works for Spectrasonics :-), he wrote the program :-).
    When I registered I had put my first and middle name as my first name, and so it kept rejecting my name and serial number when I tried to install, until I got help from spectrasonics who reminded me I had used my first and middle name as first name. Did you perchance use a middle initial for example?
    hoping you hear from them and get it working, it really is a remarkable tool
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Go Back to forum