• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Best Pianist

Best Pianist

sponsored links

So many, but how about Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, Keith Jarret, for starters

Re: Best Pianist

oscar peterson

Patrick Moraz.

The Melodious Thunk, Oscar Peterson, Kenny Kirkland, and Connick when he plays N'awlins style stuff. For classical there's always Vladamir Horowitz and Evgeny Kissin.

And of course Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock.

Franz Liszt is noted as "THE" best pianist to ever touch a piano.... but I have never heard him play

Quote Originally Posted by ngstime
    Franz Liszt is noted as "THE" best pianist to ever touch a piano.... but I have never heard him play
    His compositions definitely reflect that but its hard to add him to the list if you haven't heard him play (along with Chopin). I have heard recordings of Rachmaninov, however, so lets throw him into the mix.

claudio arrau

Lang Lang. If any of you had the chance to hear him, seriously awesome. He is a Chinese Native and I had the opportunity to meet him earlier this year because my current piano instructor, Dr. Tianshu Wang, gave him lessons.

This guy is incredible, and he is only 22 I believe. Many people are saying that he is the best alive right now. I am not sure about that, but it could be. He studied with many prominent teachers, I cannot remember any of their names currently though

Sean R. Beeson

He is good, and when he practices he kind of just stares at the keys, and then he is like BOOOM! And off he goes. Nice guy too

Out of my Mind

Talking Re: Best Pianist

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast