• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't open GOS disk 3

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Can't open GOS disk 3

I've had the Akai lite version of GOS for a while and every week or so try to figure out how to access the full string orchestra material on disc three.

But no matter what I try no sampler can see any files (other than the txt files & MP3 demos).

I have no problems with the first two discs - Kontakt reads everything.

I know disc 3 is in a slightly different format (why?), but it's just so frustrating.

Any clues ?

Unhappy Re: Can't open GOS disk 3

I'm having as much luck on this forum as I've had by contacting Garritan for help ...

Re: Can't open GOS disk 3

Try the GOS forum HERE
    Bill

Spirit,

Give Gary a call. It sounds like you need a replacement disc. Keep in mind that this is Christmas and everyone is very busy.

Tom

Ooops, didn't see that GOS forum. I'll post again there.

Also I'm not in the US, so ringing is my last option . . . I thought this might be a common problem, but in fact it looks not.

Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit
    Ooops, didn't see that GOS forum. I'll post again there.

Also I'm not in the US, so ringing is my last option . . . I thought this might be a common problem, but in fact it looks not.

Thanks for the replies.
    Well, I recently had the problem, and a phone call to Gary (actually, Mrs. G) solved the problem easily and quickly. My problem was a cracked disk, and I would bet that if you examined yours closely, you might find some problem around the hub. I expect an email to Gary would yield the same nice results as my phone call, except that you would miss the chance to talk to his nice wife!

Richard

Go Back to forum