• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: first composition ever-Please rate

Share/Bookmark

first composition ever-Please rate (dl fixed)

Hi everyone,

Well I'm just beginning to get into computer music, and also symphonic music (I mean, I've thought out basic themes by playing around on my keyboard's string voices, but you know what I mean.I'm still 15 (don't taunt me for my age , trying to learn all this stuff. I don't have any real training, I've learned most of what I know by reading things and playing around on my keyboard. Anyways, this is my first computer-sequenced composition I've tried to do, and it is also my first actual orchestral composition, too. With that in mind, I did take some time to learn some basics like how to write notes, how to use midi properly, how to use modulation basicly, and this is what I've come up with. I wrote this on the computer because I don't have a proper MIDI cable to connect to my keyboard yet. And it was a real labor as my computer sucks (I have no 1gb of ram or 2 ghz processor - in fact I had to upgrade my computer just to run GPO without crashing) but I still sat through it to finish this.

-oops
    use this
    -doh, doesnt work either

Final: Get it from acid planet page
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=462289&T=2135

listen to the full thing- It's pretty basic, since it's my first outing I didn't attempt anything spectacular, just progressed through it in natural order, building, building, etc. It repeats the main part two times at the beginning then I add some other stuff. Around the middle there's a little break where the main part fades away because I didn't want to just keep it the same over and over.

So, after listening to the first completed music of mine, can you tell me whether:

1) I'm terrible and disgrace music and should just stop or

2) I'm fair and with a lot of help and practise could become better or

3) I'm good for a start ?

Advice greatly appreciated!

Re: first composition ever-Please rate

Link seems to be broken

Your link didn't work for me.

hmm, it works for me, let me try uploading it somewhere else

the page cannot be displayed

Here is a revised link:

edit:----
    That one should work

edit:--here,

Hey there...Link still does not work..

But to say about your age....I'm only 15 too! If you ever get a chance to hear some of my work..well, its all been done during my 15th year of being alive! ^_^

Don't think people here will discourage you because of your age...everyone has been very kind to me since ive been here. Welcome to the boards!

~FireGS
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Wow, this is bad, a second after I uploaded something goes wrong with their host...

Well, I guess I'll just upload it to acidplanet then..

Hi FireGS,

Yep, I've heard your "Return of the King" composition. I must say I was severely intimidated by it

Okay, here is the acidplanet page

Ok i know your problem

THERES NO REVERB! NOOOOOONE! An orchestra plays in a concert hall, which is open and has a reverb

Lol, go to www.kvr-vst.com and find a good plugin. "Ambience" is very good.

With reverb and mastering, this would be very very good . Good luck! Check out the new song i uploaded. Uses lots of little things like stereo enhancing to make it sound more realistic.

Hey im the same age as you and fire GS...didnt know so many young people were here.

Yeah I downloaded a reverb plugin, only too stupid to have remembered to use it.

I'll go do that now

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast