• Register
  • Help

Topic: Renaming of wave files in a Giga file ?

Share/Bookmark

Renaming of wave files in a Giga file ?

The (batch) renaming of wave filenames within a Giga file... is AWave still the best solution for this? It\'s not 100% compatible with Gigafile 2.0 I think.

Maarten

Re: Renaming of wave files in a Giga file ?

No one? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Maarten Spruijt:
    No one? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Not me, but I\'d like to know too; I didn\'t realise this was possible, instead of renaming each sample individually. Is it possible in Samplitude 7.0? (But Maarten, if you don\'t know I have little hope anyone else does!)

Well, the thing is, as you can\'t rename the files within GSEdit, you need another, 3rd party application that can also read and alter Giga format.

As far as I know, AWave is the only one that can do that. Unfortunately it only reads 1.0 (or so it seems). So about all of your settings are lost, just to rename something.

Renaming of the wave pool files can be really useful, to replace a set of samples by a new set with slightly different names, for instance.

Maarten

Well, the thing is, as you can\'t rename the files within GSEdit, you need another, 3rd party application that can also read and alter Giga format.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I suddenly don\'t know what you mean now. No, you can\'t batch-change names, but you can alter individual sample names under sample properties (R or double L click in wave pool), and alter folder names by creating a new folder with the new name and copying all the samples into it -? or what did you mean?

Yeah sorry I mean batching... lots of them... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah sorry I mean batching... lots of them... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">OK: back to \"sorry, don\'t know\".

Mind you: renaming 1 sample takes 5s. Therefore 4 octaves of 3 dynamics takes, er, 12mins, -same time as it takes to have a cr@p

Go Back to forum