• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: good deals for the budget minded

Share/Bookmark

good deals for the budget minded

to supplement GPO

1) $46 after discount for Danny Jaeger Violins (Roland)
    at Sounds on line....great for layering...

2) Kirk Hunter is clearing out his Virtuoso Strings for $99!

Re: good deals for the budget minded

Wow,

We are really seeing prices coming down on sample libraries. This was one of the goals with GPO and I hope the trend continues.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Wow,

We are really seeing prices coming down on sample libraries. This was one of the goals with GPO and I hope the trend continues.

Gary Garritan
    Pretty cool. Didn't our generation grow up wanting to change the world? Nice to see that some have!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Wow,

Gary Garritan
    Same here. GPO goes against that "you get what you pay for" statement.

This trend will continue.

There are eight orchestral libraries in the works that I heard of. It is going to be a crowded marketplace and expect the competition to drive down prices further. Some very big companies are also entering the market.

A way to stay ahead in this competitive marketplace is through innovation and we won't disappoint this coming year.

Gary Garritan

Big Band...come my way!

A way to stay ahead in this competitive marketplace is through innovation

Gary Garritan
    I agree. And the last thing I'd want to do is suggest that this innovation is anything but thoroughly desired and appreciated. But never underestimate some inherent advantages you maintain:

Your committment to service is par excellance. And as your consumer base grows, this will only be increasingly important.

Your products work as advertised. Is this rare, desireable, important? Duh.

And finally, but not leastly, you're human...of course. But by that I mean is, you bring a human face and a human voice to a business where such a voice and face are increasingly rare. People prefer dealing with human beings, especially human being as passionate and committed as you and your fellow workers.

Quote Originally Posted by neoTypic
    No fair to tease! Details man, details!
    Only 5 weeks to wait neo!!! As I posted elsewhere I think this is why EWQL came up with their Gold SO Group Buy so as to pre-empt the forthcoming onslaught, which they would be more than aware of! (Yes I succumbed to the 'lure of Gold' myself!).

It was an extremely cleverly timed business move (and probably had to be) to lock in more users for their upgrade investment which is 'in the wings' for NAMM. Otherwise they would be at risk, after NAMM, of us fickle lot dancing off with the latest attractive hussy flashing their wares. I don't know who the really big names might be, which Gary alludes to, but I'd put money on VSL introducing a 'VSL-Affordable', for example.

I just had a thought that it's actually surprising that the major symphony orchestras haven't hired sound engineers to produce their own branded sample sets. This could give them a little support in allowing them to continue, in a paradoxical way, with live performances. How about a London Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra sample set for example?

What other big names are there....NI, Steinberg, Creative/emu....they already have announced their software proteus with soundcard for around $150!!! with virtuoso soundsets. Really big names....Warner, Sony.....

Let the futile speculation commence!!!!

Frank

what would VSL jr. contribute that is not already in GPO or EWQLSO?

I guess it would just have its own flavours and personality. All software has something but none have everything!

Frank

Go Back to forum