• Register
  • Help

Topic: Setting up GPO in Logic 7 Tutorials -by chriscaouette

Share/Bookmark

Setting up GPO in Logic 7 Tutorials -by chriscaouette

chriscaouette wrote some excellent tutorials complete with screenshots which I am sure will be very beneficial to Logic 7 Users. These tutorials are posted on our Logic page: http://www.garritan.com/GPO-LogicPage.html

And here are the direct links to the tutorials:

http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/GP..._tutorials.html
    http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/GP..._tutorial2.html

Thanks again Chris!

Gary Garritan

Re: Setting up GPO in Logic 7 Tutorials -by chriscaouette

These are GREAT tutorials and worked perfectly on my new G5 running Logic 7 and GPO.

The only question I had was: Under what circumstances would I choose the "multi-instrument" approach, versus the "8 different audio objects" approach? I like the 8 AO approach because I can freeze the tracks...but that's really the only reason I opted for that one.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    These are GREAT tutorials and worked perfectly on my new G5 running Logic 7 and GPO.

The only question I had was: Under what circumstances would I choose the "multi-instrument" approach, versus the "8 different audio objects" approach? I like the 8 AO approach because I can freeze the tracks...but that's really the only reason I opted for that one.

Any thoughts?
    Indicator,
    What G5 do you have? (specs please) I am wanting to upgrade to a nice G5, but need to know how it handles GPO at full resolution and stuff.

I appreciate the reply.
    Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

I'm using a Dual 1.8Ghz (current) with 1GB of RAM. I think for GPO the RAM may be a bit light...but I rarely run a full orchestra, and with the ability to Freeze tracks, I can likely manage with 1GB for awhile. And I have two free open slots when I need to bump it up to 2GB.

So far everything is running very smoothly with Logic 7 - particularly with these tutorials!

Any thoughts?
    The only reason would be if you didn't feel like taking the time to set it up the other way. You also would have different controls on screen for controlling things like cc11, cc23 (or whatever the cc#'s are for GPO )

Myself I prefer the "8 different audio objects" because of the freeze. This is likely the best way to set it up.
    Chris

The only question I had was: Under what circumstances would I choose the "multi-instrument" approach, versus the "8 different audio objects" approach?
    Having one multi-instrument should take less CPU, but I've never put it to the test.

Also, if you save your settings, this is 1/8th the work.

V.

Go Back to forum