• Register
  • Help

Topic: Setting up PC for VST AND Giga2

Share/Bookmark

Setting up PC for VST AND Giga2

My sequencer (Logic 7) is on a MAc. I'm going to set up an AThlon 3500 with 2GB of RAM to run GSt 2 and VSTi.

IS the consesus that V-Stack is the way to go or SPin Audio's Mixer Console?

Or anything else?

Re: Setting up PC for VST AND Giga2

If i were to do it again id get the more expensive Brainspawn Forte. Right now Im using V-stack and GS on a P4 into another P4 But V-stacks cheap and cool but has its limitations...Rich

Rich, thanks for posting that but...

I can't tell if I would need to use Brainspawn set up on the PC AND set up on the Mac (sequencer) for communication of which ports/channels are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    Rich, thanks for posting that but...

I can't tell if I would need to use Brainspawn set up on the PC AND set up on the Mac (sequencer) for communication of which ports/channels are available.
    YOu can put Forte or V-stack on your PC and run them into your Mac and Sequencer OR some people run them on the same Comp. as there sequencer using Virtual midi ports (maple midi ,midi yoke etc..)..Is that what you mean?Rich

Yep. That's it. I wasn't sure if the Forte had to be MAc compatioble too (as well as Spinaudio, V-Stack, FX-Max, Wormhole). I figured they have to be in order for the MAc to PC to work.

And I guess I thought they also had to be installed on both machines so that the host sequencer can see the VSTi i/o capability. (i.e. in Logic I'd set a track to receive VSTi instance 1, channel 2)

Or am I missing the picture still?

Go Back to forum