• Register
  • Help

Topic: New guy saying, "hello"

Share/Bookmark

Talking New guy saying, "hello"

Hello, all.

Best of the season to you

I just wanted to introduce myself...I promise not to waste your time-- too much

I don't own GPO as of yet. However, I've had access to my friend's system and have demoed it a few times. Very impressive! She's a hobbyist that doesn't use it at all anymore and has offered to give it to me. But, not sure of the legality involved in that (support, updates etc). So, I'll wait until the credit card recovers after Christmas and board the boat

My main reason that promted this post, however, was the community. I've been enjoying listening to many of the demos and, of course, reading the posts. Everyone seems very helpful and with a great amount of knowledge. Seems like an awesome community! I look forward to participating

On a "funny" note-- From the first moment I saw Garry Garritan's name in print (when GOS was just hitting the scene, I assume). My mind always wanted to say gargantuan for some reason...lol...After looking through the forum and listening to GPO, perhaps I had some funky sixth sense goin' on? LOL

Anyway, have a great Christmas all

Shane

Re: New guy saying, "hello"

Welcome to the forum Shane, and Merry Christmas to you! DPDAN

Welcome aboard Shane and I look forward to hearing about your GPO experiences. Take Care,

Eric

Hi Shane,

Welcome to the forum and we are happy to have you with us. I agree that this is an awesome community and it is made even more awesome with you.

I look forward to your posts and your music.

All the best,

Gary Gargantuan

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneR
    Hello, all.

Best of the season to you

I just wanted to introduce myself...I promise not to waste your time-- too much

I don't own GPO as of yet. However, I've had access to my friend's system and have demoed it a few times. Very impressive! She's a hobbyist that doesn't use it at all anymore and has offered to give it to me. But, not sure of the legality involved in that (support, updates etc). So, I'll wait until the credit card recovers after Christmas and board the boat

My main reason that promted this post, however, was the community. I've been enjoying listening to many of the demos and, of course, reading the posts. Everyone seems very helpful and with a great amount of knowledge. Seems like an awesome community! I look forward to participating

On a "funny" note-- From the first moment I saw Garry Garritan's name in print (when GOS was just hitting the scene, I assume). My mind always wanted to say gargantuan for some reason...lol...After looking through the forum and listening to GPO, perhaps I had some funky sixth sense goin' on? LOL

Anyway, have a great Christmas all

Shane

Hey, Shane.

Welcome to the herd. We're looking forward to hearing your work on the Composer Channel, and a Merry / Happy Christmas to you!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Hi Shane,

Welcome and best of luck in your use of GPO. Have a great Christmas.

Karl

Thanks for the kind welcomes, all

I'm looking forward to getting GPO greatly. Sometime in January, early Febuary hopefully. hehehe, if it wasn't for student loans, I would have ordered it already!

As for hearing my music, THAT wil be a while! I have tons to learn as far as proper use of an orchestra is concerned. My music background (like many, I;m sure) is varied. One moment I'll be working on a blues tune, the next a Jazz. Then, I'll be listening to the Eagles and start working on rock/pop tune. THEN, I'll hear a classic George straight and begin a country tune. hehehe...I;m all over the place. My biggest problem when sitting down at the keyboard is not finiding the melody, it's finding the genre!

I will say this, I've already decided to do a mock up of some of the Les Miserables score (My favourite musical). I have a score book here, so thought I'd try that to start.

And Gary, don't take the Gargantuan remark personaly...I swear that I have NEVER seen your picture lol

Thanks, guys

Shane

Go Back to forum