• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio with Cubase under W2K

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio with Cubase under W2K

Hi there,

I have the following problem. Cubase SX doesn\'t show the gigastudio midiports under Windows 2000.My gigastudio version is 2.51. Has this something to do with it and should I go for the update 2.53???

Many thanx already.

Paul.

Re: Gigastudio with Cubase under W2K

Not sure but does your soundcard driver support both GSIF and ASIO?

Yes, my soundcard supports GSIF and ASIO, but somehow I can\'t get the nemesys midi out ports in my Cubase SX window ?
    Under Windows ME it worked fine...... now under W2K everything runs fine except GIGAstudio.....

Please help me out guys..... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Paul
    It could be the greyed midi port thing. Run Giga standalone and see if the midi ports are greyed out (not available) or green?

If they are grey, it\'s usually to do with the order of the midi drivers in the registry.

Have a read of this post on the Tascam site

http://www.tascam.com/forums/showthread.php?s=3e4fe8dd0eb58c0aaa13411dc3cdd225& threadid=22526&highlight=greyed

You can change this by editing the registry (Beware changing your registry can be dangerous if you\'re not sure what your doing) or by uninstalling and reinstalling as described in the post.

If it\'s none of the above, they could be hidden in Cubase, go to Devices,Device setup, windows midi.
    This will list all the available midi ports on your system. Next to each is an \"Active\" box and a \"show\" box. If show says no click on it, it will change to yes and your midi ports should appear.

Brian

Many,many,thanx...I\'ve got it running under W2K!!!!!

Go Back to forum