• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Group buy for Organ Sample Library?

Share/Bookmark

Group buy for Organ Sample Library?

Hi!

I'm interested, whether a Group buy for an organ library is planed. There were so many pianos now, emperior, old lady, C7+uprights, and I think, if I have a Steinway, a Bösendorfer and a Yamaha at home, I don't need another Bechstein anymore . There are many Interesting organ libraries like Notredame de Budapest and PMI Baroque Organ etc. I'm sure, the people would love to have them, but especially the price for NDB is too high.

Are there any plans for an organ library group buy?

Re: Group buy for Organ Sample Library?

Quote Originally Posted by Benecs
    Hi!

I'm interested, whether a Group buy for an organ library is planed. There were so many pianos now, emperior, old lady, C7+uprights, and I think, if I have a Steinway, a Bösendorfer and a Yamaha at home, I don't need another Bechstein anymore . There are many Interesting organ libraries like Notredame de Budapest and PMI Baroque Organ etc. I'm sure, the people would love to have them, but especially the price for NDB is too high.

Are there any plans for an organ library group buy?

I agree that this would be cool. On the other hand, both the libraries you just mentioned are now being offered in a bundle at http://www.postpiano.com/NDBPMI with PMI Postif Organ and PMI Church Bells as well for $500 (which according to the site saves you $144). Anyway, just thought it might help a little at least. If I wasn't in the process of trying to furnish a new house while also trying to repair both of my DAWs (afte having them both repaired less than two months ago) I would definetly be looking more intently at this.

I sure could go for a GB on the Notre Dame De Budapest organ...

Quote Originally Posted by Benecs
    There are many Interesting organ libraries like Notredame de Budapest and PMI Baroque Organ etc. I'm sure, the people would love to have them, but especially the price for NDB is too high.
    Regarding NGB Pipe Organ Samples, you do realize that there is a "Compact Edition" available:

Full Edition Euro 350/ $419
    Compact Edition Euro 99/ $119

http://www.orgona.org/e_shop.php

Yes, I fully agre that both versions of NDB are excellent values at full price for what they deliver. And I'll still take a group buy on the full version any day.

The full version of NDB would be a nice addition to my instrument choises but at the full price it most likely won't earn its price but would only be an expensive toy. I'm in for a group buy for the NDB or the NDB/PMI bundle.

Thumbs up Re: Group buy for Organ Sample Library?

I think there are plenty of people here who would like to have the NDB full version, but the price for the package makes them think twice.

Besides the organs mentioned here, don't forget the Ewers Symphonic Organ 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan
    I think there are plenty of people here who would like to have the NDB full version, but the price for the package makes them think twice.

Besides the organs mentioned here, don't forget the Ewers Symphonic Organ 2.
    It is rare indeed that I ever write to this forum but should we not heed the call? :-)
    Our heart bleeds reading that some of you choose other pipe organ libraries over NDB just because of the price. Yet, knowing the quality of the instruments and the amount of work we put in the product, we normally feel that NDB with its 23 GB of organ samples is still rather underpriced than over. And yes, most of the money goes directly to the churches for the maintenance of the organs... have you got any idea how much just tuning a 104-stop organ costs? ;-)

But we do understand your needs and please realize that we are trying hard. We lowered the price of the new version; there are the Compact Editions, there is the bundle with PMI; and while it is not loudly advertised, we do give hefty discounts to music schools, students and churches as many other publishers do; in fact, we are quite surprised why many of you who complain about the high price do not make a bargain with the local music school or church... :-))

Well, it is somewhat unlikely that we would do a Group Buy for two people and it would not make a great discount for you two either. It is also unlikely that we would do a Group Buy of NDB solo. But if many others start bombarding us with messages that the PMI-NDB bundle is what they would LOVE to buy (other forms of petition are also accepted, like messages carved into ice-cream), who knows... we might just give in... :-)

Szabolcs

--- well, actually ---

Szabolcs Varga
    managing director
    Shirokuma Ltd.
    publisher of NDB Pipe Organ Samples
    www.ndb.hu

Quote Originally Posted by sabolc
    ...we normally feel that NDB with its 23 GB of organ samples is still rather underpriced than over. And yes, most of the money goes directly to the churches for the maintenance of the organs... have you got any idea how much just tuning a 104-stop organ costs? ;-)
    I think this library ia VERY FAIRLY priced.

Of course, not everyone wants to "splurge" on the 23GB version, but the Compact Version is also available.

I decided to buy one "very nice" organ sample collection, so I went with NDB.

I also appreciate the fact that they donate money for physical upkeep of the organs.

It is rare indeed that I ever write to this forum but should we not heed the call? :-)
    Our heart bleeds reading that some of you choose other pipe organ libraries over NDB just because of the price. Yet, knowing the quality of the instruments and the amount of work we put in the product, we normally feel that NDB with its 23 GB of organ samples is still rather underpriced than over. And yes, most of the money goes directly to the churches for the maintenance of the organs... have you got any idea how much just tuning a 104-stop organ costs? ;-)

But we do understand your needs and please realize that we are trying hard. We lowered the price of the new version; there are the Compact Editions, there is the bundle with PMI; and while it is not loudly advertised, we do give hefty discounts to music schools, students and churches as many other publishers do; in fact, we are quite surprised why many of you who complain about the high price do not make a bargain with the local music school or church... :-))

Well, it is somewhat unlikely that we would do a Group Buy for two people and it would not make a great discount for you two either. It is also unlikely that we would do a Group Buy of NDB solo. But if many others start bombarding us with messages that the PMI-NDB bundle is what they would LOVE to buy (other forms of petition are also accepted, like messages carved into ice-cream), who knows... we might just give in... :-)

Szabolcs

I don’t know why you think people choose organ libraries based on price alone, I sure don't.

With a limited budget people WILL think twice before spending their money on a library that they do not have on top of their list or a ‘must-have’, it's an economic reality.

Group buys have shown themselves to be a great incentive in getting people to buy a product, I don’t think the question whether or not there will be a group buy for NDB is strange or inappropriate, it’s just an inquiry, no need to feel offended by it.
    NDB is a great library, and the donation of part of the sales to a noble cause is laudable.
    Obviously you feel that a group buy is not the right instrument for you nor that it will increase sales significantly. I feel differently.

Go Back to forum