• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio registration .... is this true or false ?

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio registration .... is this true or false ?

Picked up my copy of G/S 160 last week and upon the advice of the sales rep, I immediately [next day actually ] registered it - no problems.

I was in the store again the other day looking at some more gear and he asked if I had registered my G/S, to which I replied, sure did.

This the weird bit.

He then suggested / intimiated to me \"thats good\" because G/S is setup to randonmnly and secretly \"call home\" to check that all registrations are real / legitimate etc...!?!?!

Does anyone know if G/S secretly, or in any other way, does \"call home\" to report back details etc....... ?

TY

Re: Gigastudio registration .... is this true or false ?

Next time you go to the store, better ask him if he’s gotten back on his medication yet.

Re: Gigastudio registration .... is this true or false ?

I believe this new feature is part of Tascam\'s alliance with certain provisions in the new Homeland Security Program. This new alliance heralds the most significant transformation of U.S. sampling in over half a century....

But seriously, how would this work? How would it \"call home\"? I use GS on a computer that isn\'t connected to the internet and doesn\'t have a modem.

Go Back to forum