• Register
  • Help

Topic: Assignable sliders load at -100% when I open a saved project

Share/Bookmark

Angry Assignable sliders load at -100% when I open a saved project

Every time I open a project, the assignable slider on each GPO instrument is set to -100%, even though when I saved it, the sliders were set to positive values.

Even weirder, if I change the slider and then switch to a different instrument slot, when I go back to the first slot it's back at -100% again.

The only way I've found to fix it is to set the slider to the value I want, then load the same instrument that's already in the slot. Then the slider stays where it is -- at least until the next time I open the project, at which time they're all back at -100% again. Also, when I reload the instruments, I lose any pan/volume/var/etc. settings I'd had on them.

I'm using SONAR 4 Producer, with GPO using the X-Custom instruments, and the slider is assigned to CC2 (breath), if that makes any difference. This happens whether GPO is loaded as a VST or a DXi.

Is there any way around this?
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

Re: Assignable sliders load at -100% when I open a saved project

Jeff,
    This happens with me too. I'm using the slider only for CC01. I'm using GPO as both VSTi and DXi and it happens for both, and only after you save and reload a project does the -100% thing happens, at least on the "CCxx". The "Velocity" setting seems to be remembered at +100%.

For me, the good news is that the player behaves as though the setting is +100%, even though the slider shows -100%. This was reported before by Jun Yamamoto. It's a Kontakt player problem, still unresolved.
    Bill

Thanks, billp.

I don't suppose it's possible to control that slider's value via MIDI messages? (I looked through the GPO Update PDF, and didn't see any mention of it being possible, but I figured it was worth asking about.)
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey
    Thanks, billp.

I don't suppose it's possible to control that slider's value via MIDI messages? (I looked through the GPO Update PDF, and didn't see any mention of it being possible, but I figured it was worth asking about.)
    No, it's a Kontakt player feature. Is it working correctly for you anyway, even though it shows -100%? Just curious, because as I mentioned above, it works OK, just shows the wrong setting.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by billp
    Is it working correctly for you anyway, even though it shows -100%?
    Hmmm... not entirely. It seems to work at the value I originally set it at, but it's stuck there -- moving the slider has no apparent effect, until I reload the instrument.
    -- Jeff Lee

This is a known bug and has been discussed at length. Here's one of the threads: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...light=X-Custom

We'll let everyone know when NI finds a fix.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    We'll let everyone know when NI finds a fix.
    Many thanks.
    -- Jeff Lee

I hate to be a pain, but has NI made any progress on this? I've got a bunch of projects exhibiting the bug, and if I want to do any work on any of them, I have to go through and write down all of the instruments' settings, delete each GPO player out of their corresponding SONAR tracks, patch in new GPO players, set all the instruments up again, and then reassign all the MIDI tracks to the proper GPO player and channel... which of course only lasts until I close the project again.
    -- Jeff Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey
    I hate to be a pain, but has NI made any progress on this?
    You're not being a pain. Actually, you served to remind me, since I seem to have too many things on my mind (such as it is) to keep track of everything. Since I haven't heard anything about this one for some time I sent off a message today to NI to see if there is any news. When I hear, you'll hear.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    When I hear, you'll hear.
    Tom
    Just a small suggestion: Perhaps a note/link in the downloads section would be helpful to future downloaders. (If it isn't already there).

Just a thought...thanks!

Go Back to forum