• Register
  • Help

Topic: Oh NO! Not another .... Kernel32 ERROR!!!! - help!

Share/Bookmark

Oh NO! Not another .... Kernel32 ERROR!!!! - help!

Here is the sad tale of a man that just wants his dang Gigastudio to work...:

I bought a fast USB2 External hardrive to put my gigasamples on. Everything went smoothly with giga reading my samples off of it until Cubase started crashing for no reason when I played giga sounds. I FORMATTED the computer and reinstalled Win98. I then reinstalled my soundcard (Audigy) and my video card (Nvidea TNT2) then my external hard drive (Freecom) and finally Gigastudio 96.

Here is where the problem started. I build my quicksound database, and then... !!!BAM!!!... It told me that quicksounds database had become corrupted and so I should rebuild it. So I did just that and it gave me the same damn error. Then it gave me a \"kernel32 error\" and closed...

So I decided I should format and install again. I did just that and then when I build the database again it gives me a kernel32 error and it wont even start at all! Now every time I open the program it crashes with the message \"kernel32 has performed and illegal operation blah blah .

I have all the updates but I have no idea what could be causing the problem.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!! PLEASE!! I AM BEGGING YOU HERE!!

*gets off knees*

Sorry, please just tell me how I can fix this! PLEASE!

Ed

Re: Oh NO! Not another .... Kernel32 ERROR!!!! - help!

Try disabling filespy.sys in Gigastudio....

Originally posted by Ed:
    Sorry, please just tell me how I can fix this! PLEASE!
    Ed
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This could help you to do at least a clean uninstall of Giga instead of reinstalling at all... but maybee will not fix your problem...

http://www.tascam.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24760

SergeD

Originally posted by Nagash20:
    Try disabling filespy.sys in Gigastudio....
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">How do I do that? I searched for it and found it in windows/temp. I deleted it and the problem still occured. Is that what you meant by \"disabling\"?

Ed

This could help you to do at least a clean uninstall of Giga instead of reinstalling at all... but maybee will not fix your problem...

http://www.tascam.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24760

SergeD [/QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the info. Ill try it but I dont think Ill have much luck seeing as I have already formatted and got the same problem. - ( [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ) Well at least this way I dont have to format...

Any other ideas though?

If I call NemeySys, will anyone pick up? Or if I leave a message on the answer phone will anyone bother to call me back? Is their telephone service as bad as their email technical support?

Ed

ok i might be able to fix it then...

I have 2 internal HD at the moment. one with lots of music and other sound file on that is basically full (the other with programs and stuff) , so the only way I could fix it is to move my gigs over to the internal drive and move the other stuff over to my external... hopefull that will work... **will getting Windows XP help??**

THANKS for the advice though!!!

Ed

Go Back to forum