• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pieces for kids

Share/Bookmark

Talking Pieces for kids

I wrote these short pieces for kids. I used a GPO woodwind quintet, Overture and the GPO studio record feature.
    You can hear them on my website (I uploaded it recently and I didn't have a lot of time to fix it).

http://corradin.altervista.org/mp3files.html

I would really appreciate to hear your comments.
    Thanks a lot
    Michele

Re: Pieces for kids

Quote Originally Posted by crr
    I wrote these short pieces for kids. I used a GPO woodwind quintet, Overture and the GPO studio record feature.
    You can hear them on my website (I uploaded it recently and I didn't have a lot of time to fix it).

http://corradin.altervista.org/mp3files.html

I would really appreciate to hear your comments.
    Thanks a lot
    Michele
    I have just one word - WOW!
    Ok, I lied, there are more words!
    You have really done a fantastic job using the GPO! The realism is just phenominal! Something for all of us to emulate. Compositionally, your pieces are surperb. Thank you for providing the instrumentation for your pieces, but what computer / hardware are you using? What is your process of getting these recorded?

Thank you for sharing this!!!!

Jerry Wickham

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

It has this oldschool charm to it
    Nicely done, and very realistic. What reverb did you use ?
    News & Music here.

Talking Re: Pieces for kids

thanks a lot for your feedback!
    I did them on my apple powerbook. I don't have up to now an audio card so i'm just using the built in sound card and my headphones.
    To write them I used Overture SE playing some of the parts with a midi keyboard, than I did some edits in Overture. I used Overture with GPO studio and I recorded the files using the GPO studio "record" feature,
    then I went to cubase just to normalize the audio and add some gain.
    The reverb is the Garritan ambience reverb concert hall 1 preset. I just change a couple of things like the decay time.
    Again, thanks a lot and if you like, under the pieces for kids, there are also two suites for string quartet that don't sound so bad.
    thanks a lot again
    Michele

Thumbs up Re: Pieces for kids

Michele,
    Your music for kids makes me want to teach Kindergarten through fourth grade again! Your music would have gone great with my classes back in the mid nineties! Light, lively, just overall joyous sounding!
    Love them!
    Styxx

thanks a lot styxx

Delightful

Most people assume that children will only listen to music that has a strong pop beat and obvious melodies. In my experience as a teacher, I find children are more open to different styles of music than adults. I'm glad to find some children's music that doesn't play down to it's audience.

Do you have children yourself? Have you had any feedback from children themselves?

Mark
    As in music - so in life!

Nice writing. Why is it Kids' music other than the fact that yo wrote it for kids.

I've always wondered what kids' music was.

Certianly my boss and others tell me constantly what kids like in music (as if they have surveyed the CHILDREN of the world).

But I always thought there was just music and some people (kids are people too) liked this tune or that tune or the other thing.

Hmmm. What do you do when you see a six year old singing Iron Maiden's 'Run to the Hills"? I often think "kids' music is music that adults think kids want to hear. So it's marketing more than anything. It's the adults that will buy it for their kids afterall.

I still like the compositions by the way! Just made me think about that issue again.

Sorry to highjack the thread. I especially love the room setting, intimate feel.

thanks for your comments.
    I wrote the pieces for piano thinking to write something for kids, then i arranged them for quintet as an exercize and it turns out something good.
    I don't have kids and i didn't have any feedback up to know.
    I really appreciate your comments because I write music for hobby and I'm very very slow so it's important to have a feedback.
    thanks again and happy christmas
    Michele

Go Back to forum