• Register
  • Help

Topic: happily together GS3.04+gold?

Share/Bookmark

Question happily together GS3.04+gold?

I have a single machine system with xp pro, cubase sx 2.2 and gold.I would like to know could these programs coexist in a single daw.I know that i have asked this before but i would love to here any feedback once again with updated GS3.Thanks in advance.M.kanerva.

Re: happily together GS3.04+gold?

I haven't used GS3 with Gold, but I have with GPO, which uses the NI sample engine without disk streaming.

I found that it was best to load the GS3 instruments first, GPO second. Otherwise I would starve GS3 of its memory.

While it was possible to work this way, I can get many more instruments loaded with GS3 alone. I ended up re-booting and then running GPO only for the instruments I needed (harp & celesta), and then saving those to audio. I'd re-boot again and do the rest of the piece in GS3.

Anyway, I would guess that it would be the same for Gold. You will likely be able to run GS3 and Gold together for small pieces - if you load the GS3 instruments first. But generally you would want to run mostly one or the other, then capture the few instruments you want from the secondary domain before coming back to your primary tool.

It's not an ideal way to work, but it does provide results, and saves money compared to buying an additional PC.

-JF

Re: happily together GS3.04+gold?

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I haven't used GS3 with Gold, but I have with GPO, which uses the NI sample engine without disk streaming.

I found that it was best to load the GS3 instruments first, GPO second. Otherwise I would starve GS3 of its memory.

While it was possible to work this way, I can get many more instruments loaded with GS3 alone. I ended up re-booting and then running GPO only for the instruments I needed (harp & celesta), and then saving those to audio. I'd re-boot again and do the rest of the piece in GS3.

Anyway, I would guess that it would be the same for Gold. You will likely be able to run GS3 and Gold together for small pieces - if you load the GS3 instruments first. But generally you would want to run mostly one or the other, then capture the few instruments you want from the secondary domain before coming back to your primary tool.

It's not an ideal way to work, but it does provide results, and saves money compared to buying an additional PC.

-JF
    Thanks for the feedback Jon.

Go Back to forum