• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yamaha Buys Steinberg!

Share/Bookmark

Yamaha Buys Steinberg!

Yamaha buys Steinberg

I know there's a handful of Nuendo and SX users here. This is very interesting news.

Re: Yamaha Buys Steinberg!

Quote Originally Posted by BSNY
    Yamaha buys Steinberg

I know there's a handful of Nuendo and SX users here. This is very interesting news.
    Yes, very interesting. I wonder what this means as far as upgrading from Cubase Se to SX or?
    Styxx

Do you think that this will change Cubase/Nuendo? ie. does yamaha have their own ideas for Cubase, which could lead from slight to dramatic changes? Or do you think they will let the already existing "steinberg" cubase/neundo team keep on doing what their doing and just take a big slice of the pie?

(the wording sounds kind of funny, but i don't want to change it)

from a business standpoint....they would be smart by not fixing what isn't broken. Look for them to change top management within a 2 yr period ....then get worried.

Paul O
    Windows XP-pro SP2, Pentium 4
    3.4 GHz, 2GB RAM
    GPO & Finale 2005b.r1

Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful. -- Plato

Quote Originally Posted by eppers
    Do you think that this will change Cubase/Nuendo? ie. does yamaha have their own ideas for Cubase, which could lead from slight to dramatic changes? Or do you think they will let the already existing "steinberg" cubase/neundo team keep on doing what their doing and just take a big slice of the pie?

(the wording sounds kind of funny, but i don't want to change it)
    I would't expect relevant changes in the Steinberg's flag ship: Cubase/Nuendo. It is because of the market share and the quality of the product that Yamaha focused in Steinberg, for sure. Yamaha knows that a lot of consumers are happy with Cubase, and I think they will try to keep things as they are on this respect.

Anton

Continuation of a trend:

Tascam/Nemisys
    Apple/Logic
    Sony/Sonic Foundry

( Seems like there's another recent one that escapes me at the moment.)

Cakewalk and Roland are pretty tight. It wouldn't surprise me to see a move there at some point.

The big boys have the cash and marketing muscle that the smaller software developers don't. The jury's still out on what the end result will. My guess is that it will be better in some cases than others.
    - Layne

Adobe/CoolEdit
    Avid/M-Audio

Amongst all these mergers, you may have also read about MICROSOFT's Bid to Acquire the Church

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- In a joint press conference in St. Peter's Square this morning, MICROSOFT Corp. and the Vatican announced that the Redmond software giant will acquire the Roman Catholic Church in exchange for an unspecified number of shares of MICROSOFT common stock. If the deal goes through, it will be the first time a computer software company has acquired a major world religion.

With the acquisition, Pope John Paul II will become the senior vice president of the combined company's new Religious Software Division, while MICROSOFT senior vice-presidents Michael Maples and Steven Ballmer will be invested in the College of Cardinals, said MICROSOFT Chairman Bill Gates.

"We expect a lot of growth in the religious market in the next five to ten years," said Gates. "The combined resources of MICROSOFT and the Catholic Church will allow us to make religion easier and more fun for a broader range of people."

A new software application, MICROSOFT Church, will include a macro language which you can program to download heavenly graces automatically while you are away from your computer.

An estimated 17,000 people attended the announcement in St Peter's Square, watching on a 60-foot screen as comedian Don Novello -- in character as Father Guido Sarducci -- hosted the event, which was broadcast by satellite to 700 sites worldwide.

The MICROSOFT move could spark a wave of mergers and acquisitions, according to Herb Peters, a spokesman for the U.S. Southern Baptist Conference, as other churches scramble to strengthen their position in the increasingly competitive religious market.

Go Back to forum