• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius 3 and GPO Studio - No sound!!

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius 3 and GPO Studio - No sound!!

I have no problems using GPO Studio 1 in but appear to be having problems when opening a second GPO iteration as I get no sound from it. I've checked that the Sibelius mixer midi channels match to the MIDI channel numbers in the second iteration but to no avail. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Suggestions please.

Thanks

Gary

Re: Sibelius 3 and GPO Studio - No sound!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryT
    I have no problems using GPO Studio 1 in but appear to be having problems when opening a second GPO iteration as I get no sound from it. I've checked that the Sibelius mixer midi channels match to the MIDI channel numbers in the second iteration but to no avail. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Suggestions please.

Thanks

Gary
    Well, I will muck around and see what is going on. I have Sibelius 3.1.3. For starters, check play, devices, make sure that all GPO players that you want to use are checked as "use". Also, in the mixer, be sure to check "reset sounds" on the appropriate channels. After my usual break for another gallon of French roast coffee, I will see what else might help.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by GaryT

Thanks

Gary

Well, I did not have my coffee yet, but I did try work out your problem. Here are the steps to take, which I just did, and it worked well.

Open GPO Studio

Select in the players you wish to use, and load them with the desired instruments.

Open Sibelius

Go to Play, Devices. You should then see GPO player 1, 2, etc.

Test each that you want to use, then select USE, YES

Open your music file.

Go to mixer

In sequence, select the voice you want to work with, set Device to the player you want. set channel to the same number as the slot that you have loaded the desired instrument. Test. Probably no sound until you swat Reset Sound.

Repeat until all voice have sound assigned.

Play your score. If sounds are not heard, you may be trying to play out of range of the instrument, the volume may be too low, you may be trying something like a pp flute trying to outblast a FF trombone.

If this does not work, get back here with step by step procedure of what you have done, and exactly when, where, how it failed.

In case you did not know, setting the channel in the mixer panel, it is not a problem to use the same channel on different voices, as long as the player is a different player. But, if you so wish, you can assign the same channel/slot to different voices.

Richard

Richard

Thank you for your advice

I will give it a try when I return home from work this evening.

Gary

All sorted

Thanks

Just had to make sure that the Sibelius Mixer Device numberr matched the slot number.

Gary

Go Back to forum