• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Articulations in GPO

Share/Bookmark

Question Articulations in GPO

Hi everyone,

i'm thinking about buiyng GPO but first i'd like to know wich articulations are included. Garritan mailed me saying that unlike EWQLSO (where the different articulations are divided in pacthes) you can work on them directly through the keyboard (dinamics, attack, legato...) but what i really would like to know is if, for instance, strings effects, like "col legno", "harmonics", "portamento", "con sordina", etc...are included in GPO.

best regards,
    Bruno

Re: Articulations in GPO

Bruno,

From memory the string samples are: lush, sus/short, short, aggressive short bows, sus/short mutes, downbows, upbows, alternating Up & downbows, pizz., tremolo, tremolo muted, half step trill, half step trill muted, whole step trill, whole step trill muted.

A single keyswitch patch contains all of the above patches EXCEPT lush, short and aggressive short.

Hope that helps,
    Jeff

Great memory, Jeff.

Also programmable are portamento, legato, release tails, and, in some cases (but maybe not strings...can't remember), vibrato.
    Bill

Col legno and harmonics are not included in GPO, but con sordino is.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Gary,

For col legno, bartok pizz, ponticello, harmonics, all with a ribbon on...

I'll give you a nice shiny quarter. Puleeze?

Quote Originally Posted by bmiranda
    Hi everyone,

i'm thinking about buiyng GPO but first i'd like to know wich articulations are included. Garritan mailed me saying that unlike EWQLSO (where the different articulations are divided in pacthes) you can work on them directly through the keyboard (dinamics, attack, legato...) but what i really would like to know is if, for instance, strings effects, like "col legno", "harmonics", "portamento", "con sordina", etc...are included in GPO.

best regards,
    Bruno
    bmiranda,
    As I mentioned in my email, we designed GPO to "play" articulations on the fly with the use of controllers. Articulations in scores are not separate sounds per se, but instructions directing the player how to play in real time. We try to provide the programming to allow you to do this as much as possible. on the fly with the use of controllers. "Portamento" and "con sordina are provided in GPO.

There are other instances where a totally different sound - such as col legno (with the back of the bow), harmonics and special effects - use different playing techniques. These must be provided by separate samples. We are working on an add-on that will provide these and other effects.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    There are other instances where a totally different sound - such as col legno (with the back of the bow), harmonics and special effects - use different playing techniques. These must be provided by separate samples. We are working on an add-on that will provide these and other effects.

Gary Garritan
    ... passes out ...

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    ....We are working on an add-on that will provide these and other effects.

Gary Garritan
    Hi Gary:

Uh..do you want my Credit Card number now or later?

Stevemitchell

Thank you all for your replies!
    Gary, do you have any idea of when this add on will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Bruno,

From memory the string samples are: lush, sus/short, short, aggressive short bows, sus/short mutes, downbows, upbows, alternating Up & downbows, pizz., tremolo, tremolo muted, half step trill, half step trill muted, whole step trill, whole step trill muted.

A single keyswitch patch contains all of the above patches EXCEPT lush, short and aggressive short.

Hope that helps,
    Jeff
    Jeff...I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that there are agressive string samples and muted string samples?

Regarding the up/downbow samples, they do exist...but AFAIK only in the the solo strings...not the string sections?

Gary...nice to hear about a possible sample update, looking forward to it.

Cheers

Rodney

Go Back to forum