• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mackie Subwoofer

Mackie Subwoofer

I'm trying a Mackie subwoofer and the result is great. The value : $1780.00 (Canadian) ... should I buy it ?

Re: Mackie Subwoofer

Hmmm, it really depends on what monitors you are using. For example, if you use HR824's I don't think you need to supplement the low end any more.

Adding a sub can in some cases be too much of a good thing and cloud your ability to hear accurately what is going on in your mix.

I would proceed with caution, but if money is not that big of a deal then go for it!
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Yeah I'd like to hear what monitors you're testing them with...
    I just bought a pair of HR 624's not too long ago and when I get a bigger room may decide to go with a sub... so it'd be nice to get info about it.

I'm mixing in 5.1 with two KRK 9000B (Left-Right) and three Mackie HR824 (Center-Surround Left-Surround Right). I use the subwoofer for a surround mastering ... not a stereo mastering. So, for the price ($1,780 CAN ... regular : 2,500 US) I have a look on it

lol. I think you should match your monitors to get an accurate representation.

Go Back to forum