• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Copying from PMI dvd

Share/Bookmark

Copying from PMI dvd

Can't copy pmi 24 bit GIGA cd material to the hard drive. Won't copy. Defective disk? I get the following error message: "Data error. Cyclical redundancy check."

JG

Re: Copying from PMI dvd

It appears some of the disks sent out have issues. I'm waiting for a replacement Emperor/Kontakt disk. I had exactly the same error message as you.

I suggest you contact the author directly. That's what I did and got a fairly prompt response. I would suggest everyone who's managad to copy their disks successfully make a copy of them; mass copied (and probably at high-speeds) DVD-R media is not a good long term storage medium.

u

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGrant
    Can't copy pmi 24 bit GIGA cd material to the hard drive. Won't copy. Defective disk? I get the following error message: "Data error. Cyclical redundancy check."

JG
    Hi John,
    Typical problem that can be caused by out-of-date DVD-Rom player drivers or the disk itself. If you have another machine you can try to copy all material to that one to make certain the disk is defective, if you don't we will just ship you new disks.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Thank, Michiel. I've had no problem copying the old lady and other material, so I assume it's the dvd. Send me another, to be safe.

JG

i got the exact same message before and i blamed it on the discs as well.

then i updated my dvd-flash and it copied just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by haarbol
    i got the exact same message before and i blamed it on the discs as well.

then i updated my dvd-flash and it copied just fine.
    Did you find that the pmi dvd had the problem while all the other dvd samples loaded fine? (EG I can copy Old Lady to the hard drive no problem, just not pmi bos).

Cheers,

JG

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGrant
    Did you find that the pmi dvd had the problem while all the other dvd samples loaded fine? (EG I can copy Old Lady to the hard drive no problem, just not pmi bos).

Cheers,

JG
    I didn't have prior experience with samples on dvd-r. Certain other dvds (burned) worked, but i had some vague problems that could have been caused by my firmware-update-laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by haarbol
    I didn't have prior experience with samples on dvd-r. Certain other dvds (burned) worked, but i had some vague problems that could have been caused by my firmware-update-laziness.
    got it to work. copied each file individually.

JG

Hmmm... I'm having a problem copying the .nkm file from the DVD. The old lady Kontakt Bank. It's the only one I can't get it to copy. I've tried everything I know. Michiel, could you email me the bank file? I think the problem has to do with the file being put on the DVD as 'read only'. Thanks!

Also got the cycle redundency error on sample 39's lady A2. Couldn't get it to copy no matter what. Something wrong in the wav itself. Hmmm....

Jeeze, there's more than one sample giving the error. And trying to do it one at a time didn't help either. They're still giving errors.

Updated my firmware, tried copying from the command prompt, nothing seems to work. Man I really wanted to play with this thing tonight. Oh well.

Go Back to forum