• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for Gene Krupa Style Drumming..

Share/Bookmark

Looking for Gene Krupa Style Drumming..

Does anyone know were i can find that Boogalloo/Jazz-Jungle Big band style drumming on a sample CD? You know that Mad man-Floor tom jazz style that Gene Krupa was know for? I`m tempted to just pull out Groove Agent or DKFHS and make my own but i was wondering if any knew of a sample CD in this genre .. Rich

Re: Looking for Gene Krupa Style Drumming..

There’s a sample CD called Samplist Guide to Jazz Drums from www.powerfx.com – I think it has some Gene Krupa style drumming on it.

/Yoss

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    There’s a sample CD called Samplist Guide to Jazz Drums from www.powerfx.com – I think it has some Gene Krupa style drumming on it.

/Yoss
    Thanks Yoss..I check it out..i like that you can DL right from the site(no waiting..)!! Rich

I know that Discrete Drums, Volume 2, has a specific drum groove, and in one of the folders, along with verse 1, verse 2, chorus, etc... is a folder called "Gene", which is exactly that groove. I think it's about 8 bars worth.

Probably not worth buying the library for (unless you got the stereo 16 bit versions only), but thought I'd mention it anyhow.

you can find it here: http://www.discretedrums.com/

Go Back to forum