• Register
  • Help

Topic: Christmas Concertino

Share/Bookmark

Christmas Concertino

Here's a little Christmas Concertino that shows off the GPO winds, brass and harpsichord as soloists. This was done in PrintMusic and recorded with Studio using ONE instance of GPO. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.atlantareview.com/MUSIC/Xmas1.mp3

Flute Solo V, English Horn 1 Solo, Bb Clarinet Plr 1, , Bassoon 1 Plr 1, French Horn 1 Plr 1, Trumpet 1 Solo Ag, Harpsichord, and Full Strings KS Combo.

Thumbs up Re: Christmas Concertino

Dan, I love how you achieve such bounce in the woodwinds! They sound so alive and exceptionally real! Excellent medley of Christmas carols. I enjoyed Joy To The World the most. You mind if I save for Christmas Eve night?
    Very warm indeed!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Styxx

Re: Christmas Concertino

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    ....You mind if I save for Christmas Eve night?
    Styxx,
    By all means. I have a similar arrangement of Auld Lang Syne for brass ensemble, harp and orchestra that I'll spring on you closer to New Year's.

Quote Originally Posted by danveach
    Styxx,
    By all means. I have a similar arrangement of Auld Lang Syne for brass ensemble, harp and orchestra that I'll spring on you closer to New Year's.
    Cool! Bring it on!
    Styxx

Hi Dan,

Lots of fun - thanks

I loved all the wind solos - when the instruments sound this good you don't have to hide them in a bed of un-necessary acompaniment. Respect to Gary & Co.

Mark
    As in music - so in life!

Hey, Mark!
    My feelings exactly. It's great just to enjoy the pure flavors of these extraordinary instruments. The "concertino" is the group of soloists in a concerto grosso, hence the title of the piece.
    What a time we're living in! That we can now re-create the sounds of a real orchestra and share it with the whole world on the internet. To think of you listening to this on the Isle of Wight on Christmas eve--it's just too amazing. Merry Christmas to you, Mark, and a very happy new year!

Yes, I agree that was fun.....like puff pastry.....not too heavy!

Frank

Go Back to forum