• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOLD installs first disk then says it's finished?? PLEASE HELP!!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation GOLD installs first disk then says it's finished?? PLEASE HELP!!

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I consider myself very computer literate, and I've installed Silver with no problems, but I just tried to install my new copy of GOLD and when the first disk finishes it says thank you for installing East/West Gold...blah blah and never asks for the 2nd disk. The install ends up being about 58 megs. PLEASE HELP!

Liam

Re: GOLD installs first disk then says it's finished?? PLEASE HELP!!

Hi Liam ,

Don't panic , the installer on disk one is only for the Kompakt player !
    the actual sample content has to be manually copy and pasted from
    each disk into the Gold folder created by the Kompact installer .

Read the 'Read me' on disk 1

Re: GOLD installs first disk then says it's finished?? PLEASE HELP!!

I believe that first disk-disk 1 of 4-installs the application; the version of Kompakt that runs Gold. It also places the 'instruments' folder on the drive that you specified, when prompted. It is, in fact, finished with installing the application. But you still have to put the actual samples on your sample drive.

So, to do this, you then have to manually copy/drag the .nks files (files 1-8, two each from all four of the DVDs, including disk 1) next to where the 'instruments' folder was placed.

Hope this was clear.

John Z.

Talking Re: GOLD installs first disk then says it's finished?? PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks guys,

I just have never seen an install done that way, so I thought something was wrong. I have to say, this is what I love about this forum, there are alot of really cool people who are always willing to help!

Thanks again!

Liam

Thumbs up Re: GOLD installs first disk then says it's finished?? PLEASE HELP!!

This forum is cool, for sure, and you can also try the East West specific support forum for more specific help on their products.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Go Back to forum