• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using Sir reverb - net resources, tips?

Share/Bookmark

Using Sir reverb - net resources, tips?

I'm playing with the SIR reverb and I like it pretty good.
    I can't seem to find much info on how you should use it.
    I have found much on how to create impluses, and how different mic selections affect the reverb, etc. -- But not much on using it.
    Someone mentioned her that you could use 2 or 3 different impluses together to create some great reverb.
    But I don't understand if you use a "Left" impulse for some instruments, "Right" for some, or whatever; or if you combine different distance impulses. Or whether you run the mix through left and right impulses and pan the outputs.
    Or am I making this too hard ? i.e. Just pick an impluse that sounds good and go with it. (which is what I have done so far).

Can anyone point me to a good resource that covers actually using a convolution reverb like sir?

Or if someone has a general way of setting it up in GPO.
    I have the 1800 seat and 350 seat impulses--they have many different distances and positions.

Thanks!

Squoze

Re: Using Sir reverb - net resources, tips?

Quote Originally Posted by squoze
    I'm playing with the SIR reverb and I like it pretty good.
    I can't seem to find much info on how you should use it.
    I have found much on how to create impluses, and how different mic selections affect the reverb, etc. -- But not much on using it.
    Someone mentioned her that you could use 2 or 3 different impluses together to create some great reverb.
    But I don't understand if you use a "Left" impulse for some instruments, "Right" for some, or whatever; or if you combine different distance impulses. Or whether you run the mix through left and right impulses and pan the outputs.
    Or am I making this too hard ? i.e. Just pick an impluse that sounds good and go with it. (which is what I have done so far).

Can anyone point me to a good resource that covers actually using a convolution reverb like sir?

Or if someone has a general way of setting it up in GPO.
    I have the 1800 seat and 350 seat impulses--they have many different distances and positions.

Thanks!

Squoze
    Try this http://noisevault.com/

Go Back to forum