• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Giga to Kontakt conversion of VOTA

Share/Bookmark

Giga to Kontakt conversion of VOTA

Has anyone successfully converted VOTA to Kontakt. I have CDXtract - while it seems to work for many libraries, I cannot seem to get the MW to work right on VOTA (intensifies vibrato). After conversion, using MW only \'modulates\' the sound.

Any help would sure be appreciated.

Rob

Re: Giga to Kontakt conversion of VOTA

the lastest update(1.52) solves most of the vota import problems. theres a problem with the non- pitched constance patch. But its an easy fix ( I jsut cant remember now... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) Rich

Originally posted by Rich Pell:
    the lastest update(1.52) solves most of the vota import problems. theres a problem with the non- pitched constance patch. But its an easy fix ( I jsut cant remember now... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) Rich
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey Rich,

Thanks for the reply. I have converted VOTA via CDXtract. Should I do this conversion directly within Kontakt? If so, how is that accomplished? Many thanks for any help you can be.

Rob

Convert it directly with Kontakt 1.5.2

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

most of it should work quite well.

Thanks King and Rich.

Rob

Man King, I am having problems using Kontakt\'s conversion utility (must be doing something wrong.) Can you give me a short tutorial (from having the VOTA gig files on that computer on...)

Many thanks in advance.

Rob

Hi Rob. since we can`t see what your doing wrong..What are u doing?.. The import is straightforward..best, Rich

HI Rich,

There is a pull down that says batch giga I believe, When I pull that down nothing happens. Is that the right place to start? I am just having problems starting so I just fall back on CDXtract. But I would really like to try out the lastest Kontakt\'s build to do this to see if VOTA translate better. Thanks for any help you can be.

Rob

rob, after u reinstall kontakt ( that were i think your problem is..) make sure \"(unknown)\" is selected under Tools&gt;Files. this will let Kontakt see your Giga files in its browser. DONT do a batch convert yet. One patch at a time, try draging and droping them into the rack . Move the Mod wheel to activate the \"giga dimentions\". And play away. Just like any other giga patch..Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for all the help here an NI. So you think I should unistall Kontakt and reinstall? Should I then not download the DFD extension from the NI website ( I know I\'ll have to get their latest build). As I think of it I don\'t believe I have the lastest version of Kontakt. I believe I bought that online as a download. What is the best way to get another copy of that since I will have to scrap the build I have? Many thanks.

Go Back to forum