• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Can anyone help with capture to wav

Share/Bookmark

Can anyone help with capture to wav

Newbie here. I\'m trying to use the capture to wav function in giga96 2.53. I set it up, just like the directions in the help file. I press record, and the dialog tells me that it is waiting for a response from my sequencer (cubase 5). I switch to cubase and press play, cubase plays, but giga is not capturing the wav. I still get the message \"waiting for sequencer\". Also, when I switch back to giga,(i.e. switch windows) cubase stops playback, or at least I can\'t hear it from within giga. Is this normal? Or is this part of my problem? Any help is appreciated.

My soundcardelta 66 Omni studio. I have outs 1,2 giga. Outs 3,4. Cubase. I don\'t know if that is pertinent or not.

Re: Can anyone help with capture to wav

I wish I had an answer to you first question because I have the same problem... About the second part: You have to set \"Play in background\" somewhere in Cubase\'s Options menue to make it continue playing while the Cubase window is not active. For some reason this is not the default.

Thanks for that tip jens. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Now I can hear cubase playing while in Gigastudio. But unfortunately, as you said that doesn\'t really have any bearing on the capture to wave. I still get the message that it\'s waiting for a response from my sequencer.

Success! O.K., so you have to send midi timecode from cubase out to Gigastudio. It would have been nice if the people at Tascam would have included that nugget of info in the help file directions for capture to wav. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

All right... well I was quickly deflated when I found out the resulting wav file sounds horrible. It\'s got so many crackles and pops in it. Raising the buffer in gigastudio to the max 4mb didn\'t offer any improvement. Any suggestions?
    I\'m not exactly sure how the capture to wav process works. Is the signal being routed through my soundcard as it\'s being recorded? Could this be a bad driver? Anyone else have this problem with Delta 66?

All righty, well I seem to be the only one contributing to my own thread. Sad. Anyway, I solved my audio problem, by playing back the audio files after closing gigastudio. I\'m using windows media player to play back the wav files, and if giga is running, playback is horrible. If it\'s closed playback is fine. Can anyone explain to me why that is?

Maybe I am stupid, but I can’t find option “midi tomcod “ in Cubase.Plese help me step by step, what I have to do to make this “audio capture” work. Thanks in advance

Go to options>synchronization. Select midi time code from the syncch source pop-up, and make sure to send it to your gigastudio port on the synch out pop-ups.

You make me really hapy.Ewerything works perfect. I am much obliged to you
    .Thanks

too late to help you [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum