• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Physics of Christmas - Santa Can Do the Job!

Share/Bookmark

The Physics of Christmas - Santa Can Do the Job!

PhysOrg.com reports that every Christmas, grinches present calculations that cast doubt as to whether Santa Claus could possibly deliver gifts to all the world’s good children – and still remain within the laws of physics. To deliver gifts to all who deserve them, they assert, Santa would need to move so fast that he would vaporise due to air resistance, be torn to pieces by gravitational forces or suffer other terrible fates we wouldn’t wish for Santa Claus.

You'll be relieved to find out that a team of four top researchers looked into the case and concluded: Santa can do the job and Christmas is saved! They concluded that Santa has an ion-shield of charged particles, held together by a magnetic field to solve the heat problem and its possible if he travels in more than four dimensions."

You can read the findings here: http://www.physorg.com/news2487.html

At the NORAD Santa Tracking Radar site you can track Santa: http://www.noradsanta.org/english/radar/index.html

Re: The Physics of Christmas - Santa Can Do the Job!

Hmmm, interesting... I theorized recently that Santa ships just about everything ahead of time FedEx or UPS or perhaps DHL now, which is why you see the presents under the tree ahead of time. The fabled Christmas Eve delivery is only a few designated presents that will fit in his sleigh and is really only a "for show" kind of thing.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

2:08 in the AM and Santa's nowhere to be found. Brian must have kidnapped him. Brian I know your there. Cough up Santa!

5:30 a.m., Just peaked under the tree. Santa did come yet another time. Wait, just heard something…Nah, that was just another squirrel in the attic. Darn that Santa, he fools me every year making me think he’s a squirrel.

Karl

Gary,

I believe anything and everything, but to be honest, in this instance, you shouldn't ignore the input of the parents! (Not at your age! )

Frank

Santa is a classic example of quantum mechanics at work. He is able to move in ways that are not constrained by relativity (still a Newtonian contsruct) as long as he is not observed, which would then limit him to a single state. Therefore, he can go to every house at once and that's why you don't see him. Think of him as Schroedinger's Clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    2:08 in the AM and Santa's nowhere to be found. Brian must have kidnapped him. Brian I know your there. Cough up Santa!
    Sorry, I was just explaining to Santa that a more efficient delivery method would be to use the Golden Ratio.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Wormhole!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum