• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio 3 Orchestra- tremendous value

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio 3 Orchestra- tremendous value

Merry Christmas everyone! I got up this morning, cranked up the computer and started messing around with Gigastudio Orchestra. You know, there are a lot of great sounds included in this package. I hadn't loaded the Sonic implants examples until this morning and WOW! The sordino strings (with release samples) are outstanding! And the staccato brass actually give SAM brass a run for their money (although I still prefer them to anything).

Then, I implemented the Gigapulse Reverb. WOW WOW WOW! Okay, now we're talking turkey! This is a great resource. I previously had GS3 Solo which of course is the smallest version that doesn't come with Gigapulse. So I naturally ignored it. NOw that I have discovered it I'll be going to that effects setting everytime! It really adds additional realism to the samples. I loaded up the VSL clarinet that came with Orchestra (not the demo legato patch) and it sounds gorgeous. Seriously folks, between the Gigapulse, the bundled VSL sounds, and other demo patches from Sonic Implants, Project SAM and such, for $660 Canadian, this is a super deal. I feel very fortunate to have gotten this. I'm in the midst of doing a demo just using the bundled sounds with GS Orchestra. I'll post it when I'm done.

Re: Gigastudio 3 Orchestra- tremendous value

I agree, the sounds that come with Orchestra are killer...even if they do fall into the "demo" catagory, there are plenty of high quality useful sounds.

Still playing around with Gigapulse. It uses a lot of resources, but sounds very good.

Quote Originally Posted by sporter
    I agree, the sounds that come with Orchestra are killer...even if they do fall into the "demo" catagory, there are plenty of high quality useful sounds.

Still playing around with Gigapulse. It uses a lot of resources, but sounds very good.
    THe one thing I appreciate about Sonic Implants is that their "demos" are fully mapped patches- not an octave deal that just wets the appetite but is hard to actually play around with enough to warrant parting with one's money. Well actually, that's not true. I did order SAM Solo Sessions because of their included demo patches.

The VGL sound library is killer though. I did a little thing today for harp, clarinet and flute. It sounds excellent. totally realistic. In fact, I'm a little surprised that these"bundled" sounds have taken me away from playing arounf with my newly acquired EWQLSO Gold. But I prefer the Gold harp a little bit better because it responds to velocity more dynamically. But the VGL sounds are really exceptional.

hi dcoscina,

how are the sustained strings in the vgl set?

are there different dynamic/sampled layers, pp - ff etc......?

also, the woodwinds sustains, do they offer any sets with vibrato?

thanks in advance.

Well there aren't as many variations in articulations as found on QLSO Gold. But you do get all instruments found in an orchestra. Strings are sub-divided accordingly into violins, violas, celli, and basses. The 24 bit folder has keyswitches where one can alternate between legato, spiccato, tremolo, and pizz. All samples respond to velocity.

Woodwinds are solo only. No ensembles as found in QLSO Silver/Gold/Platinum. They too have keyswitches in the 24 bit folder.

Go Back to forum