• Register
  • Help

Topic: SAMPLING CDS WITH ARABIC MUSIC NEEDED

Share/Bookmark

SAMPLING CDS WITH ARABIC MUSIC NEEDED

Hi!

I am desperately looking for sampling CDs with Arabic music (flute licks or orchestra licks).
    Of course I know the typical ones (Arabian Traditions, Orient Express, Roots of the Middle East, Alibaba and the 40 Ravers etc. etc.), but is this ALL???
    I searched again and again, but cannot find anything new! And if new stuff is released, then it only contains percussion stuff, even if 100s of CDs are available with this for me useless percussion stuff.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: SAMPLING CDS WITH ARABIC MUSIC NEEDED

Hey,
    If you haven't seen it already, you may want to check out Rare Instruments. It has percussion, but also includes many other ethnic instruments. Check out the demo to see if it might work for you.
    http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...ml?sku=QLRIGIG

Liam

Thank you, I already know this CD and it´s really good!

Sorry, I meant sort of flute and string licks, not instruments (my mistake, hehe). Those arabic melodies always sound like made by an European/American if they are just arranged by midi and not used from royalty free licks played by REAL musicians from the middle east.
    Alibaba for example is a good CD with arabic orchestra licks, but I used them all and have no new CD :-(

Post Re: SAMPLING CDS WITH ARABIC MUSIC NEEDED

Quote Originally Posted by K-Wagen
    Hi!

I am desperately looking for sampling CDs with Arabic music (flute licks or orchestra licks).
    Of course I know the typical ones (Arabian Traditions, Orient Express, Roots of the Middle East, Alibaba and the 40 Ravers etc. etc.), but is this ALL???
    I searched again and again, but cannot find anything new! And if new stuff is released, then it only contains percussion stuff, even if 100s of CDs are available with this for me useless percussion stuff.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Take a look at Sonic Implants' Silk Road and also Ilio's World Winds which has wind instrument phrases in it.

Kaveh

www.kavehcohen.com

You probably already know of "Voices of Istanbul," but if not...

Yes, Voices of Istanbul is a good one, a NEW CD like this would rock :-)

Okay, many thanks, I will try Ilios World Winds and Silk Road!

Go Back to forum