• Register
  • Help

Topic: VST System link:1 cubase midi to 1 GS to 1 cubase record

Share/Bookmark

VST System link:1 cubase midi to 1 GS to 1 cubase record

I\'m looking for a solution to link a computer running sibelius/cubase with a dedicated giga computer with another to record into cubase. I have been web rummaging and came across a reference to VST System Link - an SX attribute - does anyone out there know anything about this yet? Do all three computers need to be running cubase to use system link (and therefore it\'s a no-go to include the GS machine)? Answers on a post card please -

Re: VST System link:1 cubase midi to 1 GS to 1 cubase record

ravel
    To run Systemlink, you need a Steinberg host (VST, SX, SL,Nuendo or Vstack) on each PC, There is quite a bit of info on the Steinberg forums but it\'s not really practical with Giga.
    You could try Midioverlan - www.musiclab.com

Brian

Originally posted by ravel:
    I\'m looking for a solution to link a computer running sibelius/cubase with a dedicated giga computer with another to record into cubase. I have been web rummaging and came across a reference to VST System Link - an SX attribute - does anyone out there know anything about this yet? Do all three computers need to be running cubase to use system link (and therefore it\'s a no-go to include the GS machine)? Answers on a post card please -
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Thanks Brian, Good answer. I\'ve had a look - interesting. Unfortunately I wasn\'t clear enough with my question. I suppose I was more concerned to find a simple but tight solution for transmitting digital audio between machines (including the giga) using minimal hardware - like just a cable.

Thanks again.

Ravel,
    Just use an audio card with Adat connections, gives you 8 CH from Giga to the Cubase PC. If you are worried about latency and monitoring, take a look at a Creamware card for the Cubase PC. The cool thing abnout the Creamware stuff is that they have a DSP mixer so you can bring Giga audio into the mixer(to monitor) and send it VST for recording without latency.

Only thing is the cheapest creamware card with Adat is about £350-400.

Brian

Originally posted by ravel:
    Thanks Brian, Good answer. I\'ve had a look - interesting. Unfortunately I wasn\'t clear enough with my question. I suppose I was more concerned to find a simple but tight solution for transmitting digital audio between machines (including the giga) using minimal hardware - like just a cable.

Thanks again.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

And so my education continues...

Another good suggestion by you Brian.
    Thanks very much again.

Go Back to forum