• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Instrument List problem with 3.04

Share/Bookmark

Instrument List problem with 3.04

I noticed that I cannot load individual patches from the Instrument List section as I could on 3.03. Does anyone else have this problem? You know how you can branch or expand the main patches in the Instrumen List on 3.03? Well now I can only load the entire bank of sounds in 3.04. It was so irritating I did a system restore back to 3.03 until I get this problem resolved. I don't want to have to load entire banks of patches that I don't want to use.

Re: Instrument List problem with 3.04

Loading individual instruments from within a .gig file is working here. What libraries are you seeing this with?

G

Quote Originally Posted by Gamera
    Loading individual instruments from within a .gig file is working here. What libraries are you seeing this with?

G
    All of them!!! The instrument list window used to have branching sub-menus that one could select a particular instrument/patch from without loading the entire thing into the Loaded Instruments View.

That should work correctly, I think. Maybe re-run the quicksound scan? Or reboot?

Make sure its says *.gig in the search window. If its gone the windows will be empty. That happen to me once and I freaked out.

Its the window just above the left corner of the loader pane.

-Jeff

Sorry, my intent is not to take a way from dcoscina's topic, but I have a similar issue along the same lines, but I am using 3.03. I deleted some of the sounds from the free contents CD that I had just installed the other day. I will never use some of them, so I deleted them from the sample drive, but they still show up within the Giga *.gig search. When I look at the contents of that drive from.... "right click" start/explore (drive F) they are not on that drive, and they are not on the "C" drive either from what I can see. I would like for them to not show up in the list since they don't exist. Just to make sure they were not on there, I tried loading one of them and I got.....
    unable to locate the file blah blah blah....
    There is also a folder called RECYCLE that also does not appear in the sample drive.

weird?

DPDAN

Quote Originally Posted by dcoscina
    I noticed that I cannot load individual patches from the Instrument List section as I could on 3.03. Does anyone else have this problem? You know how you can branch or expand the main patches in the Instrumen List on 3.03? Well now I can only load the entire bank of sounds in 3.04. It was so irritating I did a system restore back to 3.03 until I get this problem resolved. I don't want to have to load entire banks of patches that I don't want to use.

I just updated to 3.04 and am having exactly the same problem. Anyone else experiencing this?

Mal

although I know you shouldn't have to, making absolutely sure that Quicksound's been run after installing 304 might be worth it ...

BECAUSE...as far as I know, I am not experiencing this, and I hadto run Quicksound because of the installation of an additional new backup drive!

So it might be worth a try.

B

Maybe the quicksound settings got changed? My settings are (only the checked options listed):

Recursive Autocomplete existing criteria
    Restore to last search on startup
    Show keyword hit report
    verbose hit reporting

In Advanced Settings:

Add these file types: .GIG .ART .GSp .Gx? .Gsi

Included these Drive letters: D E

Only include the specified folders (and my top level sample folders are listed).

All this is in 3.04 just the same as 3.03 and earlier, I'm pretty sure.

I still am unable to expand my instrument list under 3.04. Emailed Tascam 2 days ago with no reply :-(
    Anyone else having this problem in 3.04?

Mal

Go Back to forum