• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help getting feedback in here...

Share/Bookmark

Help getting feedback in here...

So I'm an old fashioned composer coming of age using computers. I have been playing around with GPO now and it's fantastic to actually be able to hear pieces and not having to "imagine" what they would sound like with instruments playing lines instead of hearing it all on the piano.

I would love to be able to submit stuff here for feedback / information and ideas. How do I do this? Do I need to create a website (God help me!) or is there a way to upload to this forum so y'all can check it out. If a website is needed, where can a I get a good site with lots of space to grow for cheap $ (or free!).

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Re: Help getting feedback in here...

In the short term, you may email the file to me and I can host it for you. For the long term, there are many web hosts out there some for 8 bucks a month on up to 80 bucks a month. There are some free mp3 hosts as well, like Acidplanet or Soundclick.

Quote Originally Posted by tcohen
    So I'm an old fashioned composer coming of age using computers. I have been playing around with GPO now and it's fantastic to actually be able to hear pieces and not having to "imagine" what they would sound like with instruments playing lines instead of hearing it all on the piano.

I would love to be able to submit stuff here for feedback / information and ideas. How do I do this? Do I need to create a website (God help me!) or is there a way to upload to this forum so y'all can check it out. If a website is needed, where can a I get a good site with lots of space to grow for cheap $ (or free!).

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Tim
    There is a discussion of this on the General Discussion page. I too am looking. Kevin Kaui is a booster of Acid Planet, but the name is a problem for me. I worry that the name would say things about my music that are not relevant, that I might turn off potential listeners. But, maybe not. I do know that I am reluctant to use a site with that name. Perhaps I should consider the immortal words written by Shakespeare "A rose by any other name would smell".

If you discover a site to your liking, post some details, please.

I can use the MP3 demos on my Sibelius page, but since they are not all yet done with GPO, I am careful about that. I have about 108 pieces there, but only 25 organ works and a few piano works are done with GPO.

Richard

I will let you know as my search continues. I may take Joseph Burrell up on his offer, but I certainly do not want to impose. I'll tell you, this place is great!

Go Back to forum