• Register
  • Help

Topic: Informal Chat

Orcas Island

Informal Chat

We'll have a brief chat today. We can talk about what Santa brought and hopes for the New Year.

Gary Garritan

Re: Informal Chat - Now in Session

Hi Garry,
    Zero here - cant get the hand of this chat thing.. tried but got a box with a red cross - not sure if the right link, as for the Java update not sure if I need it and the page for the link certainly does not advertise where it is clearly... not sure if I told you I am working on a GPO dictionary of articulations (for myself and others if they want). Basically a list of 'real' orchestral articulations and how to emulate them in GPO....care to help?

I got EWQL Gold, and I'm programming some of it for use with GPO instruments. Most of it is useless to me, but the FF samples and some of the staccatos are worth it for the realistic timbre change, as an addition to GPO

As for hopes for the new year, I hope Gary looks into some innovations in the synful thingie and finds a way to interpolate it into a future gpo release. "Morphing" between high quality samples seems pretty keen, but I'm not getting synful

Re: Informal Chat

For those of us unable to attend chats, especially informative ones like today's, is it possible to get them transcripted, to be used later?

West Seneca, NY

Wow, missed it!

Me too....
    Aaron Clark, C/C++, J2EE, Flash, Perl and PHP programming.
    Logic Pro 7.0.1, G5 1800x2, 3 Gig ram, GPO and GOS lite.
    My site: http://www.clarkaudio.com
    Where I work now: http://www.blinex.com/

Go Back to forum