• Register
  • Help

Topic: NO Initialization when Loading "new perf"?

Share/Bookmark

NO Initialization when Loading "new perf"?

Am I the only one to experience unreliability when, once done with a performance, I decide to directly load another or, when attempting to simply load a "new" empty one?
    THis has been - for me - the case since GS3.0.0 ands still happens in 3.0.4

THanks for your feedback.

Re: NO Initialization when Loading "new perf"?

Can you define "unreliability"? Does the problem disappear when using Reset before loading the next performance.

G

Mh, well I either selected the "G" (file icon with red G logo situated at the left of the menu bar) or "file>new" to open a new performance - meant to be automatically the "default template performance" .

But neither of these two operations will result in a new empty template.
    Ever.
    Rather, the performance I had loaded and from which I am attempting to exit from remains at least at 90% un-initialized.

Similarly, when attmepting to go from one perf to another, not empty, but just a different one, the new one will load only partially.

In fact, rather than calling this "unreliable", I should really say that it is not functioning.

I am curious as to what the "reset" you are mentioning might be...?
    Is it one of the things I am mentioning?

Thanks.
    B

Try the green Reset icon in the upper right of the menu bar. That will reset Gigastudio to a clean slate if the first three items under the Reset pull down are checked. If your default performance has gotten corrupted, maybe what's being loaded by the New command isn't clean.

To check this properly, make sure "Load Default Performance Settings" is not checked under the Reset pull down.

G

I'll try the "reset" today at the studio and will post later, thank you...hopefully I'll be true to my strange tendency to overlook the somewhat obvious and see to the less obvious in detail!

As far as makng a new template in the event that the old one was corrupted or not as empty as I'd want, I have already seen to that.

B

Ah..huh...yes. Mh.
    THat green reset icon in the right hand top corner?...GREAT!
    Embarrassed but grateful.
    THanks.
    B

PS: Why the "G" icon menu in the left top corner?

PS: Why the "G" icon menu in the left top corner?
    That's "New Performance". If you hover the mouse over any of those icons, you'll see a tooltip saying what it is.

G

Exactly, " new performance" was, in my understanding of it, a new, template based performance... in the labeling, at least, exactly the same as "reset"...
    b

Go Back to forum