• Register
  • Help

Topic: X Custom bug fixed?

Share/Bookmark

X Custom bug fixed?

Just wondering if the problem with the X Custom sounds has been fixed yet by NI?

Thanks and happy holidays!

Alan

Re: X Custom bug fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by belkina
    Just wondering if the problem with the X Custom sounds has been fixed yet by NI?
    Not yet. I wouldn't expect it to be fixed anytime before February. After NI gets the Holidays out of the way their energy will probably be concentrated on NAMM.

Tom

Thanks, Tom! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Not yet. I wouldn't expect it to be fixed anytime before February. After NI gets the Holidays out of the way their energy will probably be concentrated on NAMM.

Tom

Thanks for the update. I was wondering about this too.

Quote Originally Posted by belkina

Thanks and happy holidays!

Alan
    What is the problem...is it in another thread?

Thanks,

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Edi
    What is the problem...is it in another thread?
    It's in several other threads. Try a forum search on "X-custom".

The slider settings are not saved properly. For example, if you set the slider to +100% for CC01, save the project, and reopen it, the slider is then set to a -100%.

Some voices will still function as though the setting is +100%, but on some, the setting is not functional or behaves as though the setting is -100%. It can't be fixed/changed and/or saved once the bug rears its head.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by billp
    It's in several other threads. Try a forum search on "X-custom".

The slider settings are not saved properly. For example, if you set the slider to +100% for CC01, save the project, and reopen it, the slider is then set to a -100%.

Some voices will still function as though the setting is +100%, but on some, the setting is not functional or behaves as though the setting is -100%. It can't be fixed/changed and/or saved once the bug rears its head.
    Ugh! I have not tried them yet but I just got a WX-5 wind controller...I hope this will not be too painful.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Edi
    Ugh! I have not tried them yet but I just got a WX-5 wind controller
    If the issue is with the WX-5 generating CC02's instead of CC01's (is that it? I can't remember), you could use Markleford's MFX CC Map to translate them on the fly from CC02 to CC01, and use the regular (non-X-custom) voices.
    Bill

If the issue is with the WX-5 generating CC02's instead of CC01's (is that it? I can't remember), you could use Markleford's MFX CC Map to translate them on the fly from CC02 to CC01, and use the regular (non-X-custom) voices.
    I use the WX-5 and I've had the problem only once. That time all that I had to do was to load a new instance of GPO, carefully load the instruments and then save it. After that, no problem. I use Muzys as my sequencer, though I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Dennis Burton

Thanks, Bill...I am on a MAC.

Ed

Go Back to forum