• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX not working properly even with specs better than recommended !??!!??

Share/Bookmark

RMX not working properly even with specs better than recommended !??!!??

hi folks !

I didn't have the ime yet to check if someine has posted a similiar problem, but I needed to check, maybe someonecan help me out with this.

Since last friday I'm proud owner of Stylus RMX (I updated) everything in this thing is awesome, but it doesn't run the way it should on my AMD 2.4GHz, 1GB DDR Ram and with RME HDSP 9652 Equipment PC. Till now I didn't have any problems with running almost a dozens of instances of trilogy, atmohsphere and stylus. Now I ask myself what could be the reason ?

maybe I have to change the virtual ram settings ? maybe something else ? I mean i could understand if stylus won't run 100% tight if I had 8 parts running in it with tons of fx, but I even get problems when i load some more cpu "eating" multipatches like "war lords". from the specs my pc must do, so maybe someione else can help me out.

also another thing I noticed is that even tho I updated to stylus 1.1 already in the utility menu (or whatever it is called) in stylus RMX it still says Stylus Rmx 1.00d or soemthing (and not 1.1 ??) ??

any info or siuggestions would really be highly apreciated. actually I'm not new to all of this (vsti, etc) but this time I can't see myself thru this.

hope to hear from you guys !

greetz, boro

Re: RMX not working properly even with specs better than recommended !??!!??

Sounds like you installed the 1.1 dll in a different place from your correct plug-ins folder.

Need more info about the problem too...what is exactly the issue?

spectrum

Thumbs up Re: RMX not working properly even with specs better than recommended !??!!??

o man I love you guys at spectrasonics, you really take business serious ! eric himself answering my questions. :-D

1. you might be right: maybe I accidently installed the update to a different folder. have to check this...

2. whenever I start stylus rmx and run it for a while (selecting different grooves, trying them out against each other), after a while I start hearing audioclipping and/or loss of audio completely for several seconds. in most cases this results in a crash of rmx and/or the whole pc. + whenever I try out multipatches (like e.g. "war lords"; I just name it here as it seems to be one of the more "cpu eating" patches and I still remember it's name) I instantly get the same problem mentioned abouve. with my settings it must run more smoothly ? doesn't it ? I understand that the more fx and more mbs of grooves are loaded my cpu might start to sweat, but with what I tried now, it must/it just should be more stable. I'm using vstis since I can think and e.g.: it usual for me to have severeal instances of atmosphere, trilogy and the "old" stylus inlcuding wav audio, + reason 2.5 in rewire mode all running in realtime. but, whenever I "fire up" stylus rmx my cpu goes down ( i use cubase sx and the cpu usage bar goes to like half of the cpu meter).

maybe this is any better info ? let me tell you tho that from what I hear stylus is a dream come true to me, given the fact that I'm a dj and into "groove music" since the early teens(I can't even think what wonders will happen when I convert my tons of rex loops :-).
    any info is highly appreciated, as I can't wait any longer to run stylus rmx in full mode.

thanks for the reply eric !
    keep up the good work !

greetz boro

P.S: another thing that accured; even though it is very unlikey to be connected with my problems abouve: when I first installed rmx and then entered the response code as copied from the spectrasonics site it didn't work (I check it a dozens of times if the code was correctly copied, and it was). when I authorized again and with the second response it did work ! weird. any idea ?

RMX multis use much more CPU than a single instance of Stylus Classic, or Atmosphere or Trilogy....or Reason for that matter.

High quality FX, filters and sounds take more cpu....I think that's pretty much your answer...unless your sound card is a problem. You'll should be hearing distortion or audio cutting out. Could be driver related too.

spectrum

If you're running Cubase SX try setting RMX to 'Old Host Behaviour' in the plugin information page.

This has cleared up issues with RMX for at least one person I know of.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

[QUOTE=Scott Cairns]If you're running Cubase SX try setting RMX to 'Old Host Behaviour' [SNIP]
    QUOTE]

Thank you, Mr. Cairns. Your suggestion has improved the situation for me as well. The vendor can't help me with this problem. Before this settings change my Cubase SX2.2 crashed as soon as i turned the power filters on. Now, SX doesn't immediately crash, but RMX stops functioning. Then, if I try a few things out on the RMX, SX eventually crashes. As you can see I'm a little closer to being able to use the power filters but not there yet. Anyway, thanks!

fyi, Stylus RMX does not require old host behavior in cubase. If you're having troubles, the first place to check is the FAQ page at http://www.spectrasonics.net/rmxcommunity. From what you're describing, I'd pay special attention to the note about audio buffer sizes.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO
    SNIP From what you're describing, I'd pay special attention to the note about audio buffer sizes.

- Glenn
    Thank you Sir for this piece of advice. Unfortunately, changing the settings in the Device Setup options (I run SX 2.2.033) makes no difference; and the load upon the system matters not. I have this nice Bizarre
    Guitar loop, constituted of a few slices only, no effects connected, and no other VSTi:s connected; GigaStudio disabled. Things don't improve.

Anyway, this seems to be a problem not common to others, so I guess I'll just contact tech support for a slower, but hopefully precise solution. Thank you, anyway.

Go Back to forum