• Register
  • Help

Topic: An interesting Kontakt/Gold discovery

Share/Bookmark

An interesting Kontakt/Gold discovery

I imported some of my QLSO Gold patches into my Kontakt sampler and they sound BETTER! More detailed. Example-F 50 Piece STR SEC Fast sounds more brilliant and sonically detailed than when I play it through the Kompakt sampler player that comes with Gold. What's up with that? Is it just me or is there an actual quantifiable difference in sound quality?

Anyone?

Re: An interesting Kontakt/Gold discovery

Perhaps there's some filtering on the Kompakt version which doesn't translate identically to Kontakt?

Open the marcato patch and play only down bows (uhh...i think something to do with groupedit. Seqence like 8 of the same notes once after another..16th notes maybe. Do this with kontatk/kompakt, same patch. Then lay down the kompakt notes then kontakt notes....i didnt explain that well but the sound is so damn repetitive you can easily tell the difference. I did this with Silver/ kontakt and i didnt hear much difference.

Hmm, I haven't tried that, but I really don't see how there could be a dramatic difference, particularly when Gold is marketed as having it's own player "no sampler required" and all that jazz. According to you guys though, there is, so I'm interested to find out why that should be...

Dave,

same case here..When I too switched to Kontakt form the Kompakt version, things sounded much better. Kontakt probably offers a better sound engine. It is also the same case with Halion..certain samples sound brighter there too!

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

I was hoping Nick or Doug would be able to illuminate why this might be. I'm not too worried though. If it is the case, I'll be happy to import my Gold sounds into Kontakt. In fact, it would give me more reason to use it as I don't have too many libraries for it. However, I really like the interface and it doesn't clog up my CPU the way GS3 does.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoscina
    I was hoping Nick or Doug would be able to illuminate why this might be. I'm not too worried though. If it is the case, I'll be happy to import my Gold sounds into Kontakt. In fact, it would give me more reason to use it as I don't have too many libraries for it. However, I really like the interface and it doesn't clog up my CPU the way GS3 does.
    An interesting observation dcoscina, luckily I have Kontakt! Perhaps you might get more light thrown on this matter if you repost on the EWQL forum.

Cheers

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by dcoscina
    Kontakt and Kompakt use the SAME audio engine - there is no difference between them whatsoever. You must have something set up differently in Kontakt that's giving you the illusion it sounds better - but I know for a fact the engines are exactly the same.

- Doug

Were the reverb/chrous/delay settings in the Kompakt set to zero?

Go Back to forum