Our thoughts go out to the people whose lives have been devasted by the massive earthquake and tidal waves that hit southern and southeast Asia. Thousands are missing, millions are homeless, and the suffering and loss is immeasurable to those affected.
We have members from some of the countries affected and hope they are safe and out of harms way.
The United Nations said this disaester would become the biggest relief effort the world has ever seen. To those that want to contribute, the following is a partial list of aid agencies are accepting contributions to assist those affected by the earthquake and tidal waves in Asia.
- Save the Children, Asia Earthquake/Tidal Wave Relief Fund, 54 Wilton Road, Westport, CT 06880 800-728-3843 http://www.savethechildren.org
- American Red Cross, International Response Fund, PO Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013 800-HELP NOW http://www.redcross.org
- Doctors Without Borders, PO Box 2247, New York, NY 10116-2247 888-392-0392 http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org
- Direct Relief International, 27 South La Patera Lane, Santa Barbara, CA 93117 805-964-4767 http://www.directrelief.org
- Action Against Hunger, 247 West 37th Street, Suite 1201, New York, NY 10018 212-967-7800 http://www.aah-usa.org
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC Crisis Fund), 1501 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, PA 215-241-7000 http://www.afsc.org
- Catholic Relief Services, PO Box 17090, Baltimore, MD 21203 800-736-3467 http://www.catholicrelief.org
- International Medical Corps, 11500 West Olympic Blvd., Suite 506, Los Angeles, CA 90064 800-481-4462 http://www.imcworldwide.org
- Mercy Corps, PO Box 2669, Portland, OR 97208 800-852-2100 http://www.mercycorps.org
- Northwest Medical Teams Disaster Relief Fund, P.O. Box 10, Portland Or 97207 1-800-959-4325 www.nwmedicalteams.org.