• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: RMX... How does it sound?

Share/Bookmark

Question RMX... How does it sound?

There is a lot of information regarding RMX in terms of how it makes grooves, the chaos designer, etc. Aside from these demos (which are very cool) there's not a lot to go by in terms of the sounds (i.e. core library)

I'm close to making a buy here and would really like to hear some feedback (or actual demos) on the core sound library.

Also Trilogy, Hardcore Bass, Majestic, which one????

All the very best,

Darren

Re: RMX... How does it sound?

I think RMX is really a fantastic tool, and it sounds great. Between the bundled original Stylus library and the new RMX grooves, I can't imagine you'd ever need to search for drumloops ever again. Now, to be fair, there are a lot of grooves there that don't strike me as usable (though all of them are consistently high quality and layer wonderfully with eachother) - however, there are certainly more than enough 'good' patches there to keep you occupied, even if you don't touch the Chaos designer or effects rack.

yeah + not to forgtet that you can import your own audio in rex format (you can rex al ost everything that makes sense, groovewise!) and the spectrasonics groove control library (later on also the gc libs from ilio). with that in mind rmx covers about ever type of (drum) loops and sounds you can imagine !

I'm building the guys of spectrasonics a shrine, since their products always help my creativity grow and my music sound better :-)

P.S: this is no spectrasonics promotion, they are just worth !

Stylus sounds superb, simply said.
    Stylus has noticeably influenced my work (for the better) and because so many combinations can be made with parts of so many grooves, all results keep my 'signature' (I hope :-) - they only sound as if I hired the best drummers in the world.

I hope nobody else buys it...That way I have a definate edge....

most of the sounds of the new rmx core library sound very low fi or heavily overprocessed and distorted and are only usable in hip hop or other kinds of "modern" = ugly "music" but the possibilty to import rex files and the sage expanders is what makes rmx so great ( making rmx both expansive as well as expensive)

Talking Re: RMX... How does it sound?

Just buy it!!! You won't be disappointed.
    I would offer you your money back........
    .....but I'm not going to!!!

K

Quote Originally Posted by wind
    most of the sounds of the new rmx core library sound very low fi or heavily overprocessed and distorted and are only usable in hip hop or other kinds of "modern" = ugly "music"
    Are only usable by you maybe? Others might have more imagination :>)

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    Are only usable by you maybe? Others might have more imagination :>)

Daryl
    I'm actually using 3 instances of the softer hitting rhythms to add to the swirling pads and textures (atmosphere) with an acoustic guitar as lead instrument for a piece I want to submit for consideration to a company that is looking for relaxation,mood music for a spa hotel chain...Hardly Hip Hop....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonmusic
    I'm actually using 3 instances of the softer hitting rhythms to add to the swirling pads and textures (atmosphere) with an acoustic guitar as lead instrument for a piece I want to submit for consideration to a company that is looking for relaxation,mood music for a spa hotel chain...Hardly Hip Hop....
    Ehhh .... it's not what's on the bottom that determines the styles - it's what's on top.

I've used those 'hip-hop' beats in Stylus in advertising since it came out - also used it in modern country songs, rock productions, documentary work, etc ... what am i saying, i use it everyday!!!!

I can use the same beat and create a Faith Hill stylized track, and turn around and make it sound like DMX.

Don't under estimate potential of the 'urban sounds' - in the right hands they can be used effectively under ANY style of music.

Go Back to forum