• Register
  • Help

Topic: sampler vsti's

sampler vsti's

not sure if this is off topic, but I couldnt really find a good forum to post this in. My question is, what sampling vsti's do you all use and why? I am potentially seeking out to buying a lower-end sampler vsti to run in tracktion. Right now I use sfz, and I was thinking of getting sfz+ but then found out that theres no giga support. I have checked out shortcircuit which looks really awesome, but its kind of high priced at $149. What kind of stuff do you guys use? I really wouldnt want to go out and buy gigastudio, and I've been converting stuff to sf2 in the meantime. Im wondering if Im missing out on stuff.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

Re: sampling vsti's

You'd definitely miss out on GigaStudio functionality if you want to use third-generation libraries for the platform.

Kontakt is nice. GigaStudio and Kontakt are probably the two most mature and forward-thinking sampler designs, very different but each with its own charms.

Re: sampler vsti's

Being that you are on a strict budget, how about I suggest that you stick with sfz (it's a very capable little sampler in its own right!) and pick up Extreme Sample Convertor. It can convert Giga version 2 & 3 files directly to sfz format (and a bunch of others including soundfont, too). The list of formats can be found over at:

And for only 40 Euro / 50 US, you've got it! A demo is available there, too.

Re: sampler vsti's

I´ve been using Vsampler for maybe 2 years now and it worked fine and stable.

and i will still be using it, though I have gigastudio 3 now, too.
    but I had more problems with GS3 in the 6 days I use it than with Vsampler in 2 years.....

check Vsampler at: http://www.maz-sound.com

happy new year,

Go Back to forum