• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: My New Years Resolution.

Share/Bookmark

My New Years Resolution.

I will no longer be the court jester of this forum after the first of this year. It is about time I starting taking a more serious role as a moderator and somewhat musical entity of this great community we have. Garritan Personal Orchestra has become so world renown in the past few months that I feel I must render a more professional approach to further heighten the status of not only our community but to compliment all our fine musicians.
    So, without further explanation, on January 1, 2005, I will no longer post silly, humorous, funny, and somewhat witty replies. No more jokes, riddles and or plays on words. I will strive to grow in the technical aspects of the programs and software's that we all use and thus become more of a useful helpful person.
    What's the punch line you ask? There is none. Just taking a different approach to Garritan Personal Orchestra in the belief that I will benefit more and grow to become better at understanding all of this technical jargon as so much of you have. I feel as if I played around too long and not really taken it as serious as the rest of you thus becoming not as knowledgeable. In other words, I feel more like the pavement not the steam roller!
    Yours,
    Sal
    Styxx

Re: My New Years Resolution.

No more comic relief???? BORING.

Hi Styxx,
    For the short time that I've been hanging around the forum, I've rather enjoyed your humor and will miss it!!! Although, I do understand that you feel that being a fuddy-duddy is for the best, I hope that on occasion you do forget about your New Years Resolution!!!

Sal, come on now....you can still make the most of the next 4 days!!!

A man may whatyoumacallit but he can't always thingymajig! (necessarily!).

Are you going to change your Styxx?

The world awaits the new, bold Styxx 'with added seriousness'......it just isn't going to be the same

Frank

Sal/Mike/Styxx:

Its posts like this...

http://www.jimmiedeansausagelinks.com

That make my coming here all worthwhile. People here take themselves and everything else way too seriously.

You have no idea how crummy my day was and I come here and open up my 'give me your links' post and there it was. I burst into laughter and my day was saved.

Question Re: My New Years Resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I will no longer be the court jester of this forum after the first of this year. It is about time I starting taking a more serious role as a moderator and somewhat musical entity of this great community we have. Garritan Personal Orchestra has become so world renown in the past few months that I feel I must render a more professional approach to further heighten the status of not only our community but to compliment all our fine musicians.
    So, without further explanation, on January 1, 2005, I will no longer post silly, humorous, funny, and somewhat witty replies. No more jokes, riddles and or plays on words. I will strive to grow in the technical aspects of the programs and software's that we all use and thus become more of a useful helpful person.
    What's the punch line you ask? There is none. Just taking a different approach to Garritan Personal Orchestra in the belief that I will benefit more and grow to become better at understanding all of this technical jargon as so much of you have. I feel as if I played around too long and not really taken it as serious as the rest of you thus becoming not as knowledgeable. In other words, I feel more like the pavement not the steam roller!
    Yours,
    Sal
    Oh gimme a break!
    What could be a more professional attitude than being personable and humorous? That’s what some other guys in business forget. Stay nuts or I will just redouble my efforts!
    I can’t take anyone seriously who doesn’t have their tongue in their cheek.
    You ARE respected here!

Edit: Oh, and another thing:
    Garritan Personal Orchestra has become so world renown in the past few months

Did it occur to you that you had a part in that?

In other words, I feel more like the pavement not the steam roller!
    Be firm when you must and the lovable guy that you are the rest of the time. Balance! This is what commands the highest respect.

Last edited by Brian2112; 12-28-2004 at 05:46 PM. Reason: More Ranting..hehehe
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Be firm when you must and the lovable guy that you are the rest of the time. Balance! This is what commands the highest respect.
    I would agree with Brian here! Don't change your hair for me, not if you care for me
    DP

Uh, Mike... It's January 1st, not April 1st.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

What Styxx?? - we didn't hear you... While I appreciate your adhering to the lofty status afforded our compliment of refined musicians, lemme tell you something -- like being green (as Kermit the Frog says), bringing a smile to everyone's face everyday must not be easy either.

For New Years, just continue being you.

Gary Garritan

"I will no longer be the court jester"

Ohh wait a sec... Sal, you had me there for a bit. Good one!!!
    Aaron Clark, C/C++, J2EE, Flash, Perl and PHP programming.
    Logic Pro 7.0.1, G5 1800x2, 3 Gig ram, GPO and GOS lite.
    My site: http://www.clarkaudio.com
    Where I work now: http://www.blinex.com/

Go Back to forum