• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: QL RA and Symphonic Choirs listed at Soundsonline

Share/Bookmark

QL RA and Symphonic Choirs listed at Soundsonline

Hi all,

I just noticed these on their front page. No demos yet though.

I am hanging out for these two.

Ben Horwood

Re: QL RA and Symphonic Choirs listed at Soundsonline

I bet there are a lot of people anxiously waiting for these libraries. Too bad that the dollar has a lot of weakening to do before I can afford either of them.

RA looks good but it is way too expensive for the small selection of instruments and is no way definitive for a ethnic collection. I thought the use of all these copy protection such as using the kompakt engine was going to make things cheaper by lessening piracy. Things are just getting more expensive. So much for that theory.

Well what would a definitive ethnic collection be? "Ethnic" by its definition covers every culture, person and race on the planet.

I noticed that this lib features QLegato. Im interested to try this out.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

I noticed RA today too, it looks really interesting. Well, between RA and the Choir library and GoldPro I think if I wanted to get all of them I would have to seriously consider getting that extra paper route this year. :-)

...and set up a separate budget just for new harddrives.

14 gigs for RA.

Perhaps not a completely exhaustive absolutely everything collection, Lazul, but the list does seem pretty good to me. At that asking price, I imagine the quality will be stunning (or should be). And judging by the ratio of instruments to library size I imagine there are probably a lot more samples and layers for each instrument than in anything we've seen so far.

If you don't need it right away, waiting to get it during one of the sales might help with the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cairns
    Well what would a definitive ethnic collection be? "Ethnic" by its definition covers every culture, person and race on the planet.

I noticed that this lib features QLegato. Im interested to try this out.
    Well I think they could use that 14 gigs of instruments just for the Middle Eastern section alone and still not scratch the surface of the richness there My point is there is such a random arbitrary selection from each culture and I would probably only use a fraction of the instruments. I wish they would sell per instrument. I would only really be interested in a few of the instruments but I would have to pay 1000 bucks. I will probably buy this if they have one of those group buys for half the price, which only proves you sell more if its cheap. I am sure it will sound great btw.

I still remember all the comments before I posted the rare instruments demo, years ago. They were pretty negative. "Who chose the instruments? I would never use this. etc..." Should have the PDF manual online tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazul
    RA looks good but it is way too expensive for the small selection of instruments and is no way definitive for a ethnic collection. I thought the use of all these copy protection such as using the kompakt engine was going to make things cheaper by lessening piracy. Things are just getting more expensive. So much for that theory.

RI 1.5 gigs $500
    RA 14 gigs recorded in a famous studio and includes RI $1000

Can´t wait to listen to some demos. I´m very interested in RA ....

Greeting,

Blackster
    "Time is the best teacher. But unfortunately she kills all her students ..." - Terry Pratchett

www.genloc.net

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    RI 1.5 gigs $500
    RA 14 gigs recorded in a famous studio and includes RI $1000

Well if you wanna do the gigabyte/price ratio take a look at EWQLSO Platinum. It has over 100 gigs and you can get it for $2600. Do the math. RA is 3 x as expensive per ounce.

Don't get me wrong Nick. RA looks like it will be a spectacular product. I am just having sticker price shock realizing I can't just go pick it up when out for a loaf of bread.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast