• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: What is the best Guitar Collection?

Share/Bookmark

What is the best Guitar Collection?

OK..I've got Steinberg virtual guitarist and it's just OK... Definitely usable but not a cure all by any means...I really like the Nylon Guitar in Kontakt for a lead...I need distorted guitars for rhythms as well as something that sounds real for lead guitar...Also something besides the Steinberg for rhythm acoustic guitar that can hold it's own without other instrumentation if need be...Preferably velocity triggered so I have "chugs" on lightly played passages and big in your face "chord" type on both the acoustic and electric...I know what I'm asking for is not going to be in one sample library but these are what my current library lack (and also a good alto sax with lot's of grit on the harder played notes would be nice but let's concentrate on guitars for now ) Thanks for any enlightenment...

Re: What is the best Guitar Collection?

Moon,

Bardstownaudio has a very nice collection of vintage guitars. When I need a natural guitar sound whether its electric or accoustic, I turn to Kip's collection. They come in many formats & Kip has done an outstanding job in capturing the sounds of these vintage guitars.

Take a look at his demo page..

http://bardstownaudio.com/frames/mp3.html

Happy New Year!

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

Hello Allan!
    Thanks for the insight...The demos make these sound very fine indeed...Very high quality...I'm not so sure how they would fit into a pop/rock tune though...I tend to lean towards a Fender Strat sound...I must admit I didn't listen to all the demos and I might be missing something (even with DSL these files are BIG!)...I'll listen to a few more...Thanks for the link!

I just jumped on the Vintaudio group buy to pick up the clean guitars guitars. It includes a strat. You should check out the demos.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Lightbulb Re: What is the best Guitar Collection?

Hi Moon, Kip's (Bardstown Audio) guitars are excellent !

Please check our groupbuy at the top of the forum page, we have a collection of electric guitars that just might be part of what you're looking for, there's a 56 Strat 57 Lespaul Costum sampled at bpth pickup positions and a Godin Artisan in the collection

KIndly
    Franky
    VIntaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Moon, if you're looking for Strats, Frankie's are definitely the best and they are excellent.

All the best,

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Thanks for all the info guys!....I definitely like the strat in the demo and at the group rate right now, It's a steal!...I do have one question though...I read the Sound on Sound review and they talk about "Giga format's key-switch facility, you can switch between mutes, three neck positions for sustained notes, with hammer-ons and swells provided at mid- and high-neck positions."...I'd be buying this in kontakt format so would this be enabled in that version as well?...I do have GS3 Ensemble but it's not very VST friendly so it's actually uninstalled and I'm going to use Kontakt from now on...Thanks again for the insight!

Lightbulb Re: What is the best Guitar Collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonmusic
    Thanks for all the info guys!....I definitely like the strat in the demo and at the group rate right now, It's a steal!...I do have one question though...I read the Sound on Sound review and they talk about "Giga format's key-switch facility, you can switch between mutes, three neck positions for sustained notes, with hammer-ons and swells provided at mid- and high-neck positions."...I'd be buying this in kontakt format so would this be enabled in that version as well?...I do have GS3 Ensemble but it's not very VST friendly so it's actually uninstalled and I'm going to use Kontakt from now on...Thanks again for the insight!
    Hi Moon, yes the keyswitching also works in the Kontakt version

Kindly
    Franky
    VIntaudio

You might want to wait for Prominy to release LPC (Les Paul Custom) in January before you make a decision. No demos yet but it looks impressive on paper.

http://www.prominy.com/les.htm

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 1Echo
    You might want to wait for Prominy to release LPC (Les Paul Custom) in January before you make a decision. No demos yet but it looks impressive on paper.
    Yes, unfortunately that includes the price tag - $799.

/Yoss

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast