• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I HAVE A KEYBOARD!

Share/Bookmark

Talking I HAVE A KEYBOARD!

Hi all, I now own a keyboard which I can use with Cubase etc. I'm so happy, that for the occassion I did some improvisation for you all to listen. It's a famous hymn by Handel.

I use GPO organ.

Btw. I'm still getting used to the keyboard so keep that in mind.

Listen! (3.8mb)
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: I HAVE A KEYBOARD!

Btw. Remember to think up theme or melody for me to improvise for the next chat - I'll improvise during part of the chat.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Thumbs up Re: I HAVE A KEYBOARD!

Heyyyyyyyyy! That's great! Now all you need is a monkey to go with that new organ grinder ya got!
    No, really ... this could be the beginning of the year of the falcon1! Nice piece and you seem to handle the keyboard quite well. Looking forward to hearing more? Now, you're playing in live right?
    Styxx

Talking Re: I HAVE A KEYBOARD!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Heyyyyyyyyy! That's great! Now all you need is a monkey to go with that new organ grinder ya got!
    No, really ... this could be the beginning of the year of the falcon1! Nice piece and you seem to handle the keyboard quite well. Looking forward to hearing more? Now, you're playing in live right?
    Hehehe... I thought you would give me some of your monkeys?

Thanks, yes it was all played and composed/improvised live. But the hymn melody was by Handel, like I said.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

I don't know if I can "Handel" any more. You're way too talented to be sitting in Iceland! Someone had better pick you up soon before you turn out insane like me!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I don't know if I can "Handel" any more. You're way too talented to be sitting in Iceland! Someone had better pick you up soon before you turn out insane like me!
    Hehehe... thanks - I think

Hey, here are some more improvisation for you. Just done about 20 minutes ago over one of my favorite hymn, Abide with me. Piano version.

Abide with me - improvisation (7.6mb - 8 minutes)
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Smile Re: I HAVE A KEYBOARD!

It's amazing how much difference keyboard can make - the music just gets a real life.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

I'm happy that you got a keyboard Stef !

DPDAN

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I'm happy that you got a keyboard Stef !

DPDAN
    No comment on the improvisations?
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Smile Re: I HAVE A KEYBOARD!

Hey Falcon1,
    I am currently listening to improvisation 1 and am truly enjoying it! Well, well done! I am not familiar with the hymn, it would be interesting to hear it played as a simple hymn to compare with the improvisation.

I envy people like you who can improvise so well. Unfortunately, it is not a talent I have been able to develop well. Improvisation, to me, is the ability to take what is in the deepest part of one's soul and express it musically. There are two key components: 1) Having the ability to find that place inside and `hear' what it is saying and 2) Have the talent to express it musically. My problem is I can hear it, but I can't get the right notes out. This is probably the number one thing I envy of others. People can be rich, I won't envy them. They can be beautiful, powerful, whatever. I don't care, I am what I am and am fine with that. But those who can musically express on the fly I envy them.

How did I get on that tangent?

Thanks for posting this, I am going to crank up improv 2 and then come back and listen to improv 1 again. I am totally enjoying listening.

As far as themes for the chat session and since it is still the Christmas season I'll suggest the Handle's Hallaluja (sp?) Chorus from The Messiah. The theme is well known, powerful and begs to be magnified through improvisation.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Go Back to forum