• Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Coalition ?

Share/Bookmark

Coalition ?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://edition.cnn.com/2004/US/12/29...ake/index.html

Bush announced that the United States has "established a regional core group with India, Japan and Australia to help coordinate relief efforts. I'm confident more nations will join this core group in short order."

Coalition ?

Isn’t it a war expression ?

« And you are either with us or against us» ... I presume....

Obscene.

This comportment is totally obscene...

Thumbs down Re: Coalition ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal

Coalition ?

Isn’t it a war expression ?
    I guess you've never heard of governing coalitions, like those in parliamentary democracies? So the answer is NO, it's not a exclusively war expression.

Oh, and as far as I can tell from your article---that was CNN's word, not Bush's.

How typical. You people never miss an opportunity to crap on America---warranted or not.

I guess Christmas break is over.

Re: Coalition ?

Quote Originally Posted by XanaX
    How typical. You people never miss an opportunity to crap on America---warranted or not.

(
    Why does it bug you sooooooo much ?

ed

I guess you've never heard of governing coalitions, like those in parliamentary democracies
    No, because it doesn’t exist in France since the 5th republic. There is no more coalition to form a government, it’s a presidential regime here, sorry...

Anyway in your acceptation it is a political term.

And it’s not a time for politics...

To my mind that ‘coalition’ rhetoric and strategy is totally inappropriate.

How typical. Never miss an opportunity to crap on America---warranted or not.
    The problem is not America.

Personally, I (and obviously, my government) supported the Afghanistan war.

To make it short, cause it’s only one example. I won’t make a list here.

Oh, and as far as I can tell from your article---that was CNN's word, not Bush's.
    Well I thought too...
    But look at the Fox video.

Unfortunately, he really uses it.

(I see you changed your last line. I appreciate it.)

Quote Originally Posted by ed buller
    Why does it bug you sooooooo much ?

ed
    Because it's boring and unjustified.

It's also quite pathetic---defining one's self through hatred. It's a familiar and not uncommon pathology, really.

"I am because I hate."

All together now:
    "America bad. Very very bad."

Quote Originally Posted by XanaX
    defining one's self through hatred. It's a familiar and not uncommon pathology, really.
    You just seem to be incapable of accepting a view point different from your own. I do not, as you childishly put it, "hate". We just disagree. You however seem to love everythinhg about America to the point of absurdity.

ed

why was there no mobilisation of human sympathy and empathy for the iraqi kids that America killed?

who qualifies for sympathy what criteria is being used here.?

I already heard some care ONG (nongovernmental organizations) responsable.

They don’t want a coalition leading by a country at war.

They have to (and want to) be neutral.

That coalition policy is a big mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by charles
    why was there no mobilisation of human sympathy and empathy for the iraqi kids that America killed?
    Dude...remember..."freeDOOM on the march"

ed

Quote Originally Posted by ed buller
    You just seem to be incapable of accepting a view point different from your own. I do not, as you childishly put it, "hate". We just disagree. You however seem to love everythinhg about America to the point of absurdity.

ed
    You certainly are the champion of calling others intolerant and "incapable of accepting" opposing viewpoints. You seem to use this line about once per thread (usually towards Brady, I've noticed). And YET: You never ever see that it is you who has trouble hearing anything which doesn't conform to your narrow little worldview.

Guess what: Not everyone sees things the way you do. Why does THAT bother YOU sooooooo much?

Please enlighten me: Where exactly have I expressed my unconditional "love" for America? My comments are motivated not so much by a love of America, but rather by an intolerance for baseless hatred (which unfortunately flourishes here) whoever or whatever the target.

When you find the need to attack Bush or America based on the usage of a particular word ("coalition"), that's not a point of view, it's just childish whining. Motivated by what? Hatred seems to be the best bet.

100,000 people are dead or dying and THIS is the time to take a potshot because of the use of a particular word? It's sickening---yet typical.

Carry on.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast