• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigapulse and Wave files

Share/Bookmark

Gigapulse and Wave files

Since running Gpulse AND GS uses a lot of cpu, is there any way to apply Gpulse to a wave file independently, after recording a dry wave file with GS? Or is the deal that there is no other way to apply Gpulse to a wave file except recording Gpulse as part of the original mix?

JG

Re: Gigapulse and Wave files

There are three ways:

1) Create a Distributed wave instrument with your captured dry waves as the samples. Simply hold that key for the duration of playback (or have your sequencer do it for you),

2) Play the audio into the input of your GSIF-2 audio card, then apply GPulse on that path, or

3) Get GigaPulse VST. (Is it out yet?)

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    There are three ways:

1) Create a Distributed wave instrument with your captured dry waves as the samples. Simply hold that key for the duration of playback (or have your sequencer do it for you),

2) Play the audio into the input of your GSIF-2 audio card, then apply GPulse on that path, or

3) Get GigaPulse VST. (Is it out yet?)

-JF
    OK. There it is. I'll bet some of this is in the manual.

JG

OK, I thought GP was not a VST application - am I wrong? I see all these reviews that talk about it like it is. Is GP a VST app?

GigaPulse VST is a separate product. The GigaPulse in GS3 is not a VST; it's embedded in the sample player.

-JF

Is there an upgrade path for owners of GS3 to get Gigapulse VST?

I don't know. I'm not sure if GigaPulse VST is even out yet.

-JF

Go Back to forum