• Register
  • Help

Topic: No multiple outs?

Share/Bookmark

No multiple outs?

I must be doing something wrong! I'm running GS3 Orch on a PC with my main DAW on a dualG5 2ghz with Digital Performer 4.5. They're connected with lightpipe. To record my tracks I was trying to save time and send out 6 instruments to their own tracks into DP all at once. No matter what I try I'm only getting outputs on channels 1+2. Does Giga not support this? I have them routing to the DSP mixer section (which doesn't show any VU meters by the way, even when its volume slider DOES control the volume). Any idea what's up with this mess I'm making? :-)

Re: No multiple outs?

What sound card? You have all the outputs enabled in the Giga System Settings?

Yup, all that should be set up good. Have an RME Hammerfall 9652 card going out to a MOTU MKIII 2408. I can easily run Giga on channels 1+2 and Reason or Battery on channels 3+4 from the PC to the Mac, so multiple outs are set up correctly, it's just getting Giga to recognize more than 1+2, even though the additional channels are checked in the System Prefs of Giga. Is there an extra routing step I'm missing, like the mixer channels are receiving the instruments' audio, but they in turn have to be routed to out 3+4 etc?

Quote Originally Posted by dcorwin
    Is there an extra routing step I'm missing, like the mixer channels are receiving the instruments' audio, but they in turn have to be routed to out 3+4 etc?
    Yes. At the bottom of the DSP Station input channels there is a pulldown to assign them to outputs.

G

Hah! No wonder! I don't see those when the mixer is in a docked window and there's no scrollbar to get to the "input" panels!

I just hide the loader pane when messing with DSP Station so I can see the whole thing. Usually I only have the loader pane open when in the MIDI Mixer.

G

Definitely a flaw (bug) though, there's no indication whatsoever that there is more to be seen in the DSP mixer window (no auto scroll, srollbars or the like)

When all else fails, there's always the manual.

G

Go Back to forum